The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fox_the_fix
LOL!
They wouldn't even kill a fox at 50m.
I have one more powerful than that and 4/10 it won't even break a glass beer bottle.

Point blank it wouldn't even kill a human, the bullet would do no deadly harm to a person (ofc there may be anomalous situations)

My one somehow managed to get through a car door.....about 15-20m away....tbh this was in the middle east so it was probbably modified
Reply 41
Go to the gym, and you'll have two guns.
Reply 42
I'd say shotgun. Only because "everyone and their mums is packin' round here."

Or perhaps wrong'uns.

LULZ
Reply 43
Buying a gun on the streets of Manchester, if you know the right people,yes its possible.

hand guns,revolvers, 9mm are hard to find,hitmans choice of weapon. Would cost you around 500 Pounds or more.

automatic,usually comes from the eastern block,9mm,can be unreliable. would cost you around 300/350.

Sawn off double barrel 12 bore shot gun. The armed robbers choice of weapon. 250/300

For having any of these weapons you get 8 to 10 years.

For having 1 live round you would get upwards of 3 years.

I had a investment in a night club in the city of Manchester all these weapons were available. The prices may of changed a little but the sentences for concealing one are the same.
lol this is the STUDENT room, do you think anyone here will know anything about illegal firearms.
I know little to nothin about illegal guns, but I can certainly set the record straight on legal ones.

infernalcradle
.22 rifle, can get them in shops in certain places in london, have seen them

very cheap ammo and common

will still kill the guy at 50m....should be around 100-200 each

Yes, you can buy .22 target or hunting rifles in various shops. No, they are not particularly powerful - you'd have to be very lucky to kill someone with one, even close up. And no, they are not easy to get. To get a Firearms Certificate, you have to have a valid reason. This can be hunting or vermin control, on a designated area that the police have verified and given the thumbs-up. Most people don't have land, and very few hunt as a hobby. The other valid reason commonly cited is for sport, for which you have to have been a regularly attending member of a National Rifle Association club for at least six months.

TWF
Air rifles or air guns are pretty good and damaging, my m8 just got a rifle to keep burglars out, got his PS3 and Xbox jacked while he was asleep.. he has a license thing to go with it so he could get a real one.

I'm definetely getting one next year.

"Pretty good and damaging"? Honestly, how old are you and your "m8"? You don't get a gun with the intention of harming someone. Shooting someone, even with an air gun, even when they're burgling your house, is a very grey area legally. An air rifle is not going to "keep burglars out," it's just going to give you false confidence and encourage you to confront the guy, at which point he stabs you. As for "he has a license thing to go with it so he could get a real one" - no, he really, really does not.

The easiest type of gun - firearm, as opposed to air weapon - to obtain legally in this country is a shotgun. To get a Shotgun Certificate, all you need to do is prove that you can keep shotguns securely, and that you have a clean (or clean enough) criminal record. I've had my certificate since I was fifteen.
Reply 46
Major Spoiler
Barret .50 calibre.

£20 in Tesco.

They're on offer now too, 2 for £35 when you buy a 16 pack of Foster's.
None
Reply 48
Legally, probably a rifle.
fran.ha
Legally, probably a rifle.

No, it's not. As I said above, it's far easier to get a shotgun.
lodzinski
well, shotguns or hunting rifles with the right license, then in terms of illegal weapons, one would suspect that converted replica pistols are easiest to get hold of, then the common uzi/mac10s and ak47s. to say it's easy to get hold of a gun is somewhat misleading though. To get hold of something that will consistently and safely fire, as well as obtaining ammunition for it, is a harder task than the media make out.

Sounds like like you have tried this before. Tut tut
Reply 51
:wtf:
A glue gun!
Reply 53
Not as easy in the UK as in the US thank God. All I've ever seen is shotguns.
Reply 54
glock 17 with licence.... I love how NI doesnt have a handgun ban
22 can easily kill at 50m. I've heard of a 22 hitting a guy at a mile in the neck and still having enough KE to kill him. Was like a big angle he was shooting at though.. I think it was a bird in a tree he was shooting at, missed, and got the other guy having a picnic.
Seriously, stop underestimating .22LR. If you're talking about .22 air rifle then you can go jib one, they're not in the same league in terms of KE or muzzle velocity. Cho-Seung wee (sic) managed to take down over 50 people with .22LR (and a 9mm)
legally, either a .22 or some sort of shotgun etc.
illegally. Mac10 or small variants of revolvers.
Reply 57
Rhys~
glock 17 with licence.... I love how NI doesnt have a handgun ban

really?!?!!!!

surely if anywhere needs strict arms control it's NI.

what does anybody in NI need a handgun for anyway?
Reply 58
gamer91
really?!?!!!!

surely if anywhere needs strict arms control it's NI.

what does anybody in NI need a handgun for anyway?

Yea really, there are plenty of gun clubs around NI and it is great fun going down to them. Meet plenty of people, dicuss pros and cons are the different owners uns and of course firing them (which is great fun). Theres also quite a lot of competitions as well.
You'll find very few shootings ivovle legally held firearms due to the fact that all are ballisticly tested so the owner can be found instantly, guns have to be kept in a safe unloaded, have to buy your ammunition in the club and cant leave with any (most people keep their guns at the club because its easier).

Intersting fact: gun crime has increased since the handgun ban in mainland uk so really it is pointless.

It was only brought in due to a kneejerk emotional decision, even though current laws could of already prevented a certain ioncident if a police chief could of been bothered to use them.
Reply 59
Rhys~
Yea really, there are plenty of gun clubs around NI and it is great fun going down to them. Meet plenty of people, dicuss pros and cons are the different owners uns and of course firing them (which is great fun). Theres also quite a lot of competitions as well.
You'll find very few shootings ivovle legally held firearms due to the fact that all are ballisticly tested so the owner can be found instantly, guns have to be kept in a safe unloaded, have to buy your ammunition in the club and cant leave with any (most people keep their guns at the club because its easier).

Intersting fact: gun crime has increased since the handgun ban in mainland uk so really it is pointless.

It was only brought in due to a kneejerk emotional decision, even though current laws could of already prevented a certain ioncident if a police chief could of been bothered to use them.

would that be because the ban increased the types of guns it was newly illegal to posess, therefore increasing the number of criminals?
:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending