The Student Room Group

has anyone at age 16 - 19 , living in there own flat or house and in full time educat

im asking because , im in a current situation where i gotta get out of my house because family is literally saying get the hell out im a embassment , im 18 so wat are my options , i want other peoples experiences aswell, what can i do , the family issue is affecting my education , i know i have to prove to them that i can do it without them , i stay in a council flat till the end of the two years of college then get to uni start off my life and prove all them wrong

all advice would be appreciated

please tell me wat i can do and what my first steps are ?
Reply 1
I have 4 friends who have their own flats and still attend school (6th form) without any problems. However getting a flat would require some financial contribution from your parents unless you have a job.
Reply 2

Get a house, ask council maybe? Good luck, you need it.
Reply 3
guys seriously , im basically going to be homeless soon because the family is telling me get out!, what is my options?
Notorious123
guys seriously , im basically going to be homeless soon because the family is telling me get out!, what is my options?

Ask your college/sixth form for help, I know mine have helped quite a few people in similar situations. Good luck.
Contact your council, explain the situation.
Reply 6
My friend got kicked out of his house, and did his last year of 6th form in the roof of his mates garage - had a mattress, a desk, a light, a mini fridge and a coffee maker up there, and that was it.
Reply 7
get a part time CONTRACTED job. Work as much as you can whilst still studying. try and apply for EMA if your living by yourself (dont know if you can) get the cheapest flat/ spare room for rent thingy you can and bobs your uncle. oh you'll probably need food aswell.
Reply 8
i need a accomodation
Notorious123
i need a accomodation

contact the council...they should help you find somewhere
i gotta do something , cuz im going to stay at my friends next week
get on to council, youth charities, YMCA/Sally army etc.

You havent said if your male or female???

Its always harder for over 18 males to get accommodation as you are not seen as vulnerable as woman.
Notorious123
i gotta do something , cuz im going to stay at my friends next week

Dont whatever you do tell them that!!

if they know you wont be a rough sleeper then you will be bottom of the pile.
yeeh im male but in full time education , im goin 2 be homeless, wat should i do?
warrenpenalver
Dont whatever you do tell them that!!

if they know you wont be a rough sleeper then you will be bottom of the pile.

thanks for the heads up , im gonna say my friend cant have me anymore im homeless , i will stay on the streets for a couple of weeks if thats what it takes , im full time student if that makes any difference , i feel like givin up on life sometimes but i really want to make it thats why im goin college but first year end of next year im goin uni , so if i have to sleep rough till then , so be it

thanks for the advice warrenpenalver!!

and everyone else who contributed with a comment
You can stay with me in my Cheshire sex shack. Of course, I'd need you to do certain... favours, for me. But we can arrange all of that later.