The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Mini rant

Stafford nightlife = lame.. not very often something interesting going on at the union. pisses me off looking at the latest issue of plugged and seeing the word 'Stoke' next to 75% of whats going on.

for all the staff at the bar it takes friggin forever for them to bring you food and they can never find your bloody table even though you have a stupidly big red spoon with a number on.
Reply 1
food has taken an age for a long while I think, also woo they have brought back the spoons
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
The food is normally quite fast! As for the nightlife there are good nights, I guess you must be one of those people who instead of going out to find the nightlife, you just moan about it. I was talking to a lad who went UCLan but dropped out, stafford born like and he said staffs has a good nightlife... Which I'd agree with on certain nights. If you're that disappointed, Stokes half an hour away as well as Brum and wolvo is 20 mins on the train :s-smilie:
Reply 3
dont expect the events to come to you, go over to stoke or into town and stop complaining
Reply 4
They probably haven't got so much on right now cos most people have got a lot of work at the moment. We are all here to learn so its better for them to do less to distract us! And remember, the new club opens next week!
Reply 5
Mezmerise
Stafford nightlife = lame.. not very often something interesting going on at the union. pisses me off looking at the latest issue of plugged and seeing the word 'Stoke' next to 75% of whats going on.

for all the staff at the bar it takes friggin forever for them to bring you food and they can never find your bloody table even though you have a stupidly big red spoon with a number on.

I feel I need to correct you:

Stafford CAMPUS nightlife = lame.

Stafford TOWN nightlife = good.

Two different things! Don't be scared to venture out of the campus area.
Reply 6
Matts right - everything seems to be in the town centre at night

Frazzled22
They probably haven't got so much on right now cos most people have got a lot of work at the moment. We are all here to learn so its better for them to do less to distract us! And remember, the new club opens next week!

I just know i'm gonna be the only one that turns up to that!
I agree with the campus thing, Legends doesn't open much, mainly Friday nights when I'm usually not here.
What day's the club opening? Is everyone going on here?
Reply 8
the club is open on tuesdays, thursdays, fridays and saturdays
Reply 9
The only problem with going to wolvo/brum is remembering you have to get back somehow haha
Reply 10
I would like to go to Wolverhampton on a night out, but I think its a Travellodge-type jobbie...
Reply 11
wooooop next tuesday we'll be having a big bouncy castle in the courtyard of halls lol :biggrin:

Latest