The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
I wanna ask the same question..
I need AAA - but i think I got a B in history!

Anyone who can help??
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Yeah there is a chance they will take you. Wait till you get your results on results day. If you do go down a grade then phone them up on the day and ask if you are still in. In all probability if you just miss the one they will take you.
Reply 3
I'm scared about all three grades at the minute...!! lol
Reply 4
What corses are you all doing? One of my friends failed to get the grades for physics and when he rung up he was offered a Matierials Science place which he enjoys (and it has better graduate recruitment).
jnm008
manc are asking for ABB but if i was to get bbb is there any chance i could still get in to my course. Also could they possible offer me another course? Help needed, or if any has experience please let me know.

actually, i had the same question...i contacted the admissions tutor for my course and they said it depends because sometimes they will consider if you are only a grade down...although it depends on how well the other people wanting to do the same course have done. Obviously, if there are 40 places on the course and 40 people get the asking grade and you get a grade below, they will favour them over you. The best thing to do is speak to the admissions tutor on results day, as they have advised me.

I have been given an offer of ABB but i am more likely to get AAC or ABC....i dont really want to go anywhere other than manchester, so i wontbe able to rest till results day!!

good luck to you all
Reply 6
yay! i'm feeling poo bout my results too! an i'm supposed to be gettin 3 As for Oxford to do Law. It seems unheard of that anyone gets accepted with AAB for law, but there must be more people than you think that don't get the grades AAA - so it can't be impossible to not get in with lower grades. Oh jesus i wish i'd never applied.
Reply 7
kewl at least im not the only one!...I've been offered ABB (but specified A in Biology)...and i think i'm going to get ABB but the A in Chemistry and i may get an A or B in biology cos im so close to the A/B boundary its not funny!!....I'm wondering if they're gonna take me with the A in chemistry..and I SOOOO wanna go to manchester for optometry 2 :'(...Good luk all!!
I know someone last yr from Medicine missed their offer by 1 grade (5 UMS marks) and they didnt get in, and i suppose it'd be the same for competitive courses such as Law, Economics, English etc.
Reply 9
omg 5 ums marks. *sinking feeling* :eek:
My offer for Eng and Linguistics is ABB I'm just thanking God they specified ABB in any subjects and not specifically an A for English as i think i've f*cked up one of my papers.
Reply 11
john williams
I know someone last yr from Medicine missed their offer by 1 grade (5 UMS marks) and they didnt get in, and i suppose it'd be the same for competitive courses such as Law, Economics, English etc.

Medicine offers are always AAB at Manchester. People sometimes get in with ABB but never AAC. Its just the way it goes unfortunately....
Reply 12
john williams

*cries* ....*and then kills herself*

Latest

Trending

Trending