The Student Room Group

Is It Wise To Apply At The Same Uni For All Your Courses?

HI im asad and im 17 in year 13

I am currently in the process of applying for uni for 2010.

I am thinking of applying for 3-4 science related course all at the same uni (manchester).. is this a good idea?

will it make me more likely to be accepted at manchester?

i been looking at other uni's, but i have always wanted to go to manchester and other unis just dont interest me... (dont know why lol)

:confused: :confused: :confused: :woo:
The only problem I can see is that it will be very difficult to write a personal statement that expresses your passion for three or four different degree subjects. I wouldn't do it.
Reply 2
a sad what? freak?
Reply 3
A.R.E
a sad what? freak?

It's better than the other guy who was asking whether or not he should apply to Cambridge for all of his 5 choices.

and OP, I suggest you limit to 2 applications at the same uni.
Reply 4
It doesn't really matter, I applied for 3 courses at one place and 2 at another. Got accepted for all. Only problem like someone said is the PS. But if my friend can do a PS applying for Eng Lit, French and Philosophy all at once and get accepted for all then I'm sure it wont be too difficult.
Reply 5
Applying for 5 different course is nowhere near "wise" to me , tbh. And it won't increase your chances for sure.
Just pick a one course and apply to different universities like normal people do.
Reply 6
Jinru
It's better than the other guy who was asking whether or not he should apply to Cambridge for all of his 5 choices.

and OP, I suggest you limit to 2 applications at the same uni.

hahaha a guy actually asked that, jesus what is the human race coming to.

You should check the "is it bad to enjoy intimidating people?" thread, you'll at least smile at it.
Reply 7
I'm in a similar sort of position. Not that I'm going to apply for 5 different courses at one university, but I really want to go Canterbury Christ Church and it's really the only uni that appeals to me. I'll apply for others as a back-up, but how can I maximise my chances of getting into Canterbury as I really don't want to be turned down.
Reply 8
A.R.E
hahaha a guy actually asked that, jesus what is the human race coming to.

You should check the "is it bad to enjoy intimidating people?" thread, you'll at least smile at it.

I will do that now :biggrin: thank you for the suggestion :P
well i applied for 5 similar courses, crime and policing, criminology, police studies and criminal investigation and criminology and history. I got offers for all and accepted criminology and history, my PS was fully focussed on crime and policing studies etc, it had nothing to do with history in it what so ever. but i guess it was good luck :smile:.
Reply 10
---
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
I suppose if your heart is really set on Manchester then go for it...although I'd strongly recommend that you should only do a maximum of 2 courses at Manc (maybe stretch to 3).

My neighbour applied for 3 courses at Manchester and he got offers from all of them. Although the courses were all very similar - "Bsc economics /Ba politics&eco / Ba eco with social policy"- thus his personal statement reflected his courses well.
Reply 12
Definitely not wise in any way. That isn't to say you shouldn't do it though, although I'd suggest at least putting one or 2 backups (unless you would rather reapply than go anywhere but manchester).
Reply 13
ok thnks everyone.. ive decided im going to apply to different unis...
Reply 14
A.R.E
a sad what? freak?

lol..

Latest

Trending

Trending