The Student Room Group

University Students : Whats do you eat most of the time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
pinkpenguin

:p:

I actually haven't managed to do any spuds, because all I have is a microwave :sad: Although you can do some pretty decent spaghetti and meatballs from scratch in the microwave if you know what you're doing!

You can make a baked potato in the microwave! It just won't have crispy skin. Actually you can do most things in the microwave.

Why don't you have an oven though?
i think i will live on pasta. but that could probably be considered quite obvious as i'm italian.. XD
Reply 22
breakfast: ALWAYS cereal
lunch: ALWAYS a sandwich + crisps + drink
dinner: ALMOST ALWAYS Chicken + Veg + Potatoes
snacks: pistachios, more cereal, apples, oranges, cookies
Peanut42
You can make a baked potato in the microwave! It just won't have crispy skin. Actually you can do most things in the microwave.

Why don't you have an oven though?

Live in catered, but because I play sport at a high level, 6 days a week I miss dinner. The day I don't is fish night and I hate fish like with the firery passion of Hades.
Reply 24
pinkpenguin
Live in catered, but because I play sport at a high level, 6 days a week I miss dinner. The day I don't is fish night and I hate fish like with the firery passion of Hades.

Ooh bad luck! Guess that's a lot of money down the drain then...
Peanut42
Ooh bad luck! Guess that's a lot of money down the drain then...

Nah, it's cool, because it's done a card system. I get it swiped every time I eat, and get charged for it next term. Much much better than some of these stupid 'prepay for x meals' or whatever
Reply 26
I eat whatever I can find when I'm hungry! So far I have lost about a tenth of my weight! :-S
I eat vegan food :smile:

Tonight for dinner I had boiled new potatoes smothered in vegan butter, petit pois, chopped carrots, broccoli, boiled kale, mountains of gravy, and two vegan chicken Schnitzels. And for dessert I had sliced pears, sliced apple, grapes and orange slices covered in Swedish Glace dairy free ice cream. Then to wash it all down I had a mug of rooibos tea and some Plamil mint chocolate.

I don't understand people that live off junk food like noodles, pasta, and tinned soup all the time. There's nothing in them, where are you getting all of your necessary vitamins and minerals from? Sure they're ok every once in a while, but they've got nothing on a nicely prepared full meal :smile:

Being at university is no excuse for laziness and complacency when it comes to food in my opinion :p:
Reply 28
7AM: weetabix or porridge, multi vitamin, protein powder
9AM: normally tomato and chicken sandwhich, brown bread
11AM: same as 9AM
1PM: same as 9AM and some nuts, maybe a protein shake
3PM: fruit and nuts, a snack ar of some sort
6PM (now I'm in halls): chicken or fish, with noodles or rice, and some sauce
9PM: cottage cheese (about 200g)

that's near to 3200 kcal per day, and when weightlifting, it's also a pretty ideal diet - not too hard to make either
I'm not at uni but my parents went away for a few days once and I basically lived on pasta and baked potatoes for a main meal and then a sandwich at lunchtime...no stress food!
Reply 30
pasta, rice, I make my own sauces in bulk then freeze them in portions :smile: I also eat a lot of cuppasoup with bread. There's some good frozen basics stuff from sainsburys. I also eat a lot of frozen peas...cooked of course. And biscuits, many many biscuits.
vegetable soup, pasta with tomato sauce and broccoli, red or green Thai curry, pitta with hoummus, toast, the odd ham sandwich. That's pretty much all I eat, in rotation.
Reply 32
pastas, curries, chips. both homemade and takeaway.
Reply 33
A hella lot of chilli, love that stuff.
I'd love to cook proper meals, but when you've only got a microwave and a 2 ring hot plate thing at your disposal, it's quite difficult. No oven, proper hob, freezer .etc.

Breakfast is pretty much always cereal.

Lunch is something from a tin (soup, beans .etc) or a sandwich of some kind (usually cheese and tomato).

Dinner I go to the canteen for, and I tend to get some sort of meat or fish, a portion of potatoes and a portion of vegetables.

Snacks include yoghurts, malt loaf, fruit (apples and bananas mainly), water biscuits, biscuits, wholemeal bread .etc)
Mainly spag bol but I have also had two types of risotto, home made beefburgers, two types of casserole, homemade pizza, marinaded chicken, omelettes etc.

I basically go shopping twice a week and buy one type of meat each time and have that for that half of the week. For example, went shopping today and bought enough beef to last half a week. If there are special offers on I'll buy more, make a casserole or something and freeze most of it for when I can't be bothered to cook.

I pretty much live on spaghetti/pasta and either mince, chicken or pork in some form or another
See, this is why i want to learn how to cook before i leave next year!
Ahh now i wish i didn't used to run away when my mum called me to help out in the kitchen...
I've noticed I eat way more bread at uni than at home - sandwiches and toast, I'll eat toast at any time of the day (I'm eating some now :awesome:).
I eat tons of fruit - I think I'm eating more than normal because I thought I wouldn't eat enough at uni. Oh alot of fresh meat (pork/steak) becuase it's pretty cheap and really quick and easy to cook. That's about it - I eat other stuff but those are the things I eat more of methinks.
TheTallOne
I try to cook most nights. My diet mainly consists of rice and pasta (and sometimes Po-ta-toes). And I've eaten mainly chicken and pork (once I bought salmon :facepalm2:).

Kebabs :coma:
Almost exactly this. I make cajun chicken/pork and mix it with rice or pasta, it's not amazing but its at least tasty, and sometimes I will buy alot of meat and make a curry I can eat over several days.
my fingernails

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending