The Student Room Group

Am I Likely to Get an Offer? Apologies for another of these threads..

I have applied to both Bristol and UWE for the BSc Straight Psychology, but I'm wondering how much change I have of getting an offer from Bristol mainly.

Last Year I Had A,B,B,D in Sociology, Eng Lang, History and Maths respectively, and have put down the 2 Bs and a D as pending again for this year as I intend to resit.

I am predicted 3 As in Psychology (which I'm sitting in a year), Eng Lang and History, and have made my personal statement as passionate as possible, also mentioning I have represented Britain at a national level in music, which I believe they favour, but i worry last year's grades will let me down.

Can ayone hazard a guess at how likely I am to get an offer? Bristol has become a bit of a dream for me now, and I'm working like hell to get there, as well as resitting in 3 subjects to boost them up to As..

Thanks in advance for you're replies x
The honest truth, unlikely. Bristol have the choice of the 'cream of the crop' so to speak. I'd advice re-sitting as many as possible and perhaps re-apply next year with your results. Thats what I did and I've got two unconditionals so far - so it could work out well for you! :smile: My AS levels were AABB , I dropped one of my A grade subjects (politics boringgg urrggg) and kept my B grade ones (French and Spanish) and ended up with AAA. The beauty of re-takes!!! So you could get AAA/AAB with some hard work and remember you have two chances, Jan + June re-take sessions and there's no penalities for taking advantage of that! Best of luck to you and don't panic!!!!! You'd be surprised how many people get into that position.
Bristol, probably not.
UWE, no idea.
Reply 3
You've got five choices. Put Bristol down and work hard anyway.

Latest