The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What did he spell wrong?
pimpman777
Who else thinks this is way out of hand? As much as I respect the fact that she lost her son and feels terribly, it's still no excuse for making sucha big deal out of a small spelling mistake. I honestly feel sorry for Gordon Brown; despite having the kindness and considerating to write to all the grieving families, he has to deal with rather pathetic and petty situations like these.

Do you think what she's doing/did is acceptable? I frankly think it's digusting.

Discuss.

at least it shows he acutually wrote it himself, and didn't even have it proof-read etc. makes it much more personal between him and the families concerned
best boy!!
YOU FEEL SORRY FOR BROWN!!! this guy died fighting in an unjust war which browns govt. got us into! and now he writes a half arsed letter littered with spelling mistakes which probably took 1 minute! (out of his busy schedule lol). This is disgraceful he even argued with the mother when he spoke to her on the phone!!

The public have a right to know what our prime minister thinks and thanks to freedom of speech the papers have a right to publish it!

It's disgraceful from gordon brown!!!

fail post
fletchinator
Whats disgraceful? a man whos blind in one eye and impaired in the other making a simple spelling mistake (how many people have you heard of with the last name James as apposed to Janes) which has been hijacked by a completely anti-brown, anti-labour paper.

The level of uproar over this is ridiculous.

there were 25 spelling mistakes not just the name. and i'm sorry even if you are blind in one eye thats not an excuse for crappy handwriting and spelling mistakes! i have a friend who is partially sighted and her handwriting is crystal clear and she doesn't spell everything wrong! It looks like he just took 30 secs to write it... and he probably did!

oh and by the way he was actually arguing with the woman on the telephone lol! and if he barely spell or write why is he our prime minister???
Reply 44
best boy!!
there were 25 spelling mistakes not just the name. and i'm sorry even if you are blind in one eye thats not an excuse for crappy handwriting and spelling mistakes! i have a friend who is partially sighted and her handwriting is crystal clear and she doesn't spell everything wrong! It looks like he just took 30 secs to write it... and he probably did!

oh and by the way he was actually arguing with the woman on the telephone lol! and if he barely spell or write why is he our prime minister???

There were not 25 spelling mistakes. Clearly you do not know how to spell if you believe that letter contained that many spelling errors. Thirty seconds, my foot. Besides it was actually quite a heartfelt letter considering that he has far more pressing concerns. Whilst, in regards to the conversation, what did you want him to do? He was asked specific questions and he answered them. Lastly, he's our PM because at the last election, Labour were voted in.
best boy!!

Please show me these mistakes.

I feel sorry for Gordon Brown. It's outrageous that the press is on top of him. They should just let him run the country.
Barden
fail post

Fail post?? i assumed that this post would upset some people so i am just gonna spit it out so i don't keep getting bombarded. you may all feel pity for gordon brown, someone who lacks any personality and looks as if he's dead inside! we did not vote him in and his whole govt. has ballsed things up! the lack of decency in his shoddy letter just emphasises what a fail he is. he doesn't give a crap about the population and that is clearly evident from the way he treats the public!

ok you all moan that the press blow it outta proportion... what would u rather see on the front pages X-factor, peter and jordan?? lolz that it what is wrong with this country our PM shows disgusting ethics towards are dead servicemen and now ppl are saying OMG the press are all over it! Over course they're all over it he runs the country if anyone should be in our papers it should be him, this is why Britain is crap we'd all rather see what celebs is sleeping with who, rather than what our PM is doing!!

I'll be glad to see the back of him and this labour govt.
Reply 47
pimpman777
Another phrase which I find terribly puzzling: "I hope he endures the sleepness nights that I've been enduring ever since my son's death"

Were she not such an insufferable cretin, she might realise that her wish has already been granted.
best boy!!
Fail post?? i assumed that this post would upset some people so i am just gonna spit it out so i don't keep getting bombarded. you may all feel pity for gordon brown, someone who lacks any personality and looks as if he's dead inside! we did not vote him in and his whole govt. has ballsed things up! the lack of decency in his shoddy letter just emphasises what a fail he is. he doesn't give a crap about the population and that is clearly evident from the way he treats the public!

ok you all moan that the press blow it outta proportion... what would u rather see on the front pages X-factor, peter and jordan?? lolz that it what is wrong with this country our PM shows disgusting ethics towards are dead servicemen and now ppl are saying OMG the press are all over it! Over course they're all over it he runs the country if anyone should be in our papers it should be him, this is why Britain is crap we'd all rather see what celebs is sleeping with who, rather than what our PM is doing!!

lol i meant fail as in how it was blair's govt, not brown's who took us into iraq and afganistan

and arguably john major's failure to ensure saddam was deposed the first time round

glad to see the back of labour eh? well all i can say is that the queue for signing on will be a lot longer when u eventually have to join it if u get ur way....i mean look what happened last time
theseeker
Please show me these mistakes.

I feel sorry for Gordon Brown. It's outrageous that the press is on top of him. They should just let him run the country.

Have u not seen the letter?? if u did you would see the errors! Run the country lol, what kind of running does he do. Parliament just had one of the longest breaks every, 3 months i think and the country ran just fine.... we've not killed each other yet. run a country he could run a race (quite literally)
Reply 50
best boy!!

STFU bitch.

You're equating this piece of insufferable, cretinous and generally asinine piece of news with serious journalism aiming to inform the public?
Reply 51
best boy!!
Have u not seen the letter?? if u did you would see the errors! Run the country lol, what kind of running does he do. Parliament just had one of the longest breaks every, 3 months i think and the country ran just fine.... we've not killed each other yet. run a country he could run a race (quite literally)

Show me where each of your 25 errors are. Oh, what's that? You can't.
best boy!!

I have seen the letter. There were not 25 mistakes, please state them if there are 25.
We're in a recession, If we lived in a Conservative government, we would be in a worse situation that now.
This governement is doing everything it can.
Reply 53
pimpman777
Gordon Brown; despite having the kindness and considerating to write to all the grieving families

Yes, when he SHOULD be running our country!
moreiniho
There were not 25 spelling mistakes. Clearly you do not know how to spell if you believe that letter contained that many spelling errors. Thirty seconds, my foot. Besides it was actually quite a heartfelt letter considering that he has far more pressing concerns. Whilst, in regards to the conversation, what did you want him to do? He was asked specific questions and he answered them. Lastly, he's our PM because at the last election, Labour were voted in.

Yes there we 20+! Writing a letter was a good thing to do but he wrote it terribly and in a very poor way! by the way labour may have been voted in but Gordon Brown wasn't the leader then. Say we voted in a party who had a good leader and then 6months later he left and it was ran by a convicted criminal and someone with no education there would be an outcry (but of a hyperbole but you get the drift)!!
I think it has gone ridiculously out of hand now. Fair enough someone should have checked over the letter for spelling mistakes and it is annoying when people get your name wrong but to take it this far is just petty. To record a private phonecall without his knowledge and then sell it to the scum was just shocking. I feel sorry for the woman for the loss of her son, but her behaviour over all of this is ridiculous. Yes, she is grieving, but this has gone to far and is appearing as a publicity stunt.
Reply 56
theseeker

Which blatantly isn't enough, so why are they still here? :mystery:
best boy!!
Yes there we 20+! Writing a letter was a good thing to do but he wrote it terribly and in a very poor way! by the way labour may have been voted in but Gordon Brown wasn't the leader then. Say we voted in a party who had a good leader and then 6months later he left and it was ran by a convicted criminal and someone with no education there would be an outcry (but of a hyperbole but you get the drift)!!

You're losing the point.
theseeker
I have seen the letter. There were not 25 mistakes, please state them if there are 25.
We're in a recession, If we lived in a Conservative government, we would be in a worse situation that now.

Im not getting into a political debate lol
Broderss
Which blatantly isn't enough, so why are they still here? :mystery:

There is no point bringing in a conservative or any other party in, it will make it worse.

Latest

Trending

Trending