The Student Room Group

Should i mention i did bad in my AS because of my eating disorder/self harm?

This poll is closed

should i tell them?

Yes of course14%
NO way14%
It might help me43%
It probably wont help me29%
Total votes: 14
i have depression or something..its really bad, gets better then worse due to lots of home issues, last year during the exams it got really bad, i got so skinny i just wasnt eating and if i did id purge it all out

no one really knows, im the opposite of an emo so its not really obvious, i dont have an ED anymore because i knew to get into uni i had to stop but i do find myself almost going back to it sometimes ((this week!! :frown: ))

but do u think i should tell my referee so i can put it down as a reason for failing one subject and having to retake a few exams? i dont really want to i hate the pity thing but it is the only reason i failed

thanks

xox
Yes, of course, if it's true - it'd be silly not to.
You can put it, but I don't think they would take much notice unless your college backs you up, or if you had a doctors note. At the end of the day, if they don't mind you failing if you've had a bad year (which is fair enough in my opinion), but then don't ask for concrete evidence, everyone would just add it into their personal statements.
Reply 3
This is something that would require evidence, a doctors note. I wouldn't mention it unless you can provide this.
Reply 4
Definitely tell them.

I completely understand, I failed completely at school due to an ED and I'm now older and back in education but still have ED tendancies and a really difficult home life. I hate the pity too so refuse to talk to my tutor about it full stop. I have had quite a few days off and sometimes my work is poor because of it but because I don't speak up she probably thinks I'm a complete flake. Tell her!

Latest

Trending

Trending