The Student Room Group

C-Pop, K-Pop, and J-Pop lovers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by vabbian
I can get cheap tickets for Music Bank Paris but its just the travel that I cant afford :frown: will cost like £80 minimum just to get there,
not even including the ticket price :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

exactly! and it's accommodation too and finding your way around a foreign city :frown:
All these videos of SNSD arriving in America for the two tv shows D: Lucky buggers D:
Can anyone recommend me some C-Pop? I've heard some songs from Jay Chou, Fahrenheit and Jolin Tsai but that is it. I'm going to Hong Kong this year and I want to get into C-Pop before I go.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1103
Original post by ZombieYoshi
All these videos of SNSD arriving in America for the two tv shows D: Lucky buggers D:

:mad: :frown: :cry::hmmm:
O woe is England
Reply 1104
Original post by chr1stopher11
Can anyone recommend me some C-Pop? I've heard some songs from Jay Chou, Fahrenheit and Jolin Tsai but that is it. I'm going to Hong Kong this year and I want to get into C-Pop before I go.

Farenheit is amazing! I haven't heard much c-pop but just as they do in kdramas and jdramas; cdramas use c-pop for OSTs! I've heard a few and it's really good, so maybe find some from that?
Reply 1105

You might as well listen to Aaron Yan's solo stuff if you've listened to Fahrenheit :smile: I don't listen to much c-pop so can't help much here but that's one suggestion.

You should listen to JJ Lin as well. :smile:

Mind you, there are two different types of C-Pop: Cantopop and Mandopop. If you are going to Hong Kong, then you should listen to Cantopop.

There's more information in this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantopop.
Original post by zero_Gravity91
You should listen to JJ Lin as well. :smile:

Mind you, there are two different types of C-Pop: Cantopop and Mandopop. If you are going to Hong Kong, then you should listen to Cantopop.

There's more information in this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantopop.

Thanks I'll have a look into it :smile:.
Reply 1108
Anyone thinking of going to Hyper Japan at Earls Court later this month? It looks awesome, but I'd need to know people going... :redface:
Original post by Paramore<3
Hell yes, how many teasers has he had!? About 4? Lu Han had to share his with Kai, Tao got his own (though only one!) and Chen, well, his teaser is AWOL by the looks of it. On Twitter we've decided that Exo-K stands for Exo-Kai and Exo-M stands for Exo-More Kai... sad truths of SM and their favouritism!

Gah, SMTown London would be *so* brilliant - though I'm totally expecting the tickets to be around £100! :frown:

Beast are coming to London this year, anyone thinking of going? :smile:

I like Lu Han :colondollar: ahaa that's a good one and so true. They over promote him wayy too much. I just got this message now and unfortunately B2ST are cancelled. WAE? :bawling: I would pay £100 for sm though :smile:
Original post by ZombieYoshi

They were really awesome on the David Letterman show and on the Kelly Ripa show. Loved the latter where Tiffany and Jessica were speaking English. I think if they were to successfully enter the American market ALL of them not just Tiffany and Jessica should be proficient or at least basic in the language. :smile:
OMG Boyfriend- Boyfriend (song) are soooooo cute. Especially Minwoo. I'd adopt him if I could, as absurd as that sounds :tongue:
I'm totally in love with Block B at the moment! Any BBCs out there?
Reply 1113
Original post by Bossa Nova
I like Lu Han :colondollar: ahaa that's a good one and so true. They over promote him wayy too much. I just got this message now and unfortunately B2ST are cancelled. WAE? :bawling: I would pay £100 for sm though :smile:

Lu Han is so beautifiul... not to mention he's one of only like 3 that I can recognise? :wink:
It is, he is very talented, but by the look of the prologue single it looks like all of them are! :rolleyes: Have you heard What Is Love? :smile:

I know! I was so annoyed, and they still haven't given us a proper reason why... I guess it's more money to save for an SM London... if only! I would probably end up shelling out that much as well, oh the dedicated fans we are... :colondollar:
Original post by super_kawaii
I'm totally in love with Block B at the moment! Any BBCs out there?

MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zico is just too talented, too great and not to mention too hot hehe:wink:
Original post by Paramore<3
Lu Han is so beautifiul... not to mention he's one of only like 3 that I can recognise? :wink:
It is, he is very talented, but by the look of the prologue single it looks like all of them are! :rolleyes: Have you heard What Is Love? :smile:

I know! I was so annoyed, and they still haven't given us a proper reason why... I guess it's more money to save for an SM London... if only! I would probably end up shelling out that much as well, oh the dedicated fans we are... :colondollar:

I can only recognise Kai, Lu Han and Jino and this other dude who looks very distinctive, I cant remember his name. Lu Han is the only one I need to know :daydreaming: I wish they would just give a proper mv and debut song instead of all these trailers and fake mv's :tongue: I'm expecting them to be amazing with all this prolonged anticipation

Yeah I really liked ' What is love' even though its not an official song :frown:

Or they just prefer going to France :tongue:
MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zico is just too talented, too great and not to mention too hot hehe:wink:

I love Zico too!!! He's just got so much swag it's unreal! I'm loving their new song "Go crazy". Can't get enough of it!
Original post by super_kawaii
I love Zico too!!! He's just got so much swag it's unreal! I'm loving their new song "Go crazy". Can't get enough of it!

Oh 'Nanrina' right? I like that about Block B. So much swag and an attitue like 'I can do whatever I like' He composed all of the songs on the new album aswell :biggrin:
Oh 'Nanrina' right? I like that about Block B. So much swag and an attitue like 'I can do whatever I like' He composed all of the songs on the new album aswell :biggrin:

Yeah, that's the one! Zico's not just a pretty face-he's so talented as well! It's just a shame a couple of songs on their new album have been banned already!
They were really awesome on the David Letterman show and on the Kelly Ripa show. Loved the latter where Tiffany and Jessica were speaking English. I think if they were to successfully enter the American market ALL of them not just Tiffany and Jessica should be proficient or at least basic in the language. :smile:

I don't particularly like the English version of The Boys, but despite that their performances were still amazing, especially the Letterman one. I was really impressed with their synchronisation on the remixy bits. Hopefully we get them next, they've already went to New York twice!

I was glad there was at least a little bit of an interview on Kelly since their wasn't one on Letterman. I think some of the others can speak English, I've seen Sunny and Sooyoung do it before, but they're probably just not confident enough to do it on Live TV so left it to Jessica and Tiffany since they were born in the US.

I'd never fanboyed over SNSD before as much as I did on Wednesday when they were doing the performances xD There seems to have been quite a positive response too which is good, and the sheer amount of fans showed how popular they are already :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest