The Student Room Group

C-Pop, K-Pop, and J-Pop lovers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by Paramore<3
Agreed, I hate how every group seems to think they have to add new members to stay successful! Weren't After School getting a new member too? You're just going to hear 'they're trying to be the new SNSD' all the time now...

Danee looks sweet enough though, good luck to her. I wish I could have been in T-ara when I was 14! (Not long ago, but still...) :tongue:

After School have been getting new members and having graduations since around the time they formed though, they were apparently based on Morning Musume. I don't see how that would mean they were trying to be the new SNSD.

Unless you were talking about something completely different and I didn't realise XD
Reply 1241
Original post by .gina
After School have been getting new members and having graduations since around the time they formed though, they were apparently based on Morning Musume. I don't see how that would mean they were trying to be the new SNSD.

Unless you were talking about something completely different and I didn't realise XD

Oh damn, I forgot about their graduation concept, my mistake! I guess seeing they were getting a 'new member' threw me, but then Bekah graduating evens it out.

No, they wouldn't be trying to, I just can't understand why CCM's CEO would want to change T-ara's lineup anyway, whether it's just a 'yay let's try and get as many members as possible to set a record!' thing... will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Ooooh Kpop! :biggrin: I love my Kpop! I've been hooked since DBSK's debut which is a long time I know :O I've always wanted a Kpop buddy but my friends aren't interested :frown:
My faves are 2ne1 and Bigbang, and I'm a fan of most of the kpop bands/artists. Also I watch a lot of kdramas and currently watching 'Rooftop Prince and 'the king 2 hearts' (both I highly recommend!!!) and I watch the variety show 'Running man' aswell :biggrin:

So yeahh I'm addicted to kpop ><
I don't listen to Jpop but I used to love visual Kei bands like An Cafe and Alice Nine :smile:
Obsessed with Exo at the mo. I LOVE all their songs i can't decide which one's my favourite, but i'm i'm obsessed with Angel, oooh it's so soothing and sweet. Anyone have a bias yet? i know it's very hard to decide but my ultimate bias has to be Suho <3 he's so sweet and always smiling and and an excellent leader. Tell me your Exo Bias(es)?

Plus i'm loving TaeTiSeo's album there such a good sub unit, YES YES i'm obsessed with Twinkle and can't stop singing and bouncing my head to it in class loool But i'm also loving Library <3 and Baby Steps :smile: What's your favorite?
Original post by ShyGirl95
Obsessed with Exo at the mo. I LOVE all their songs i can't decide which one's my favourite, but i'm i'm obsessed with Angel, oooh it's so soothing and sweet. Anyone have a bias yet? i know it's very hard to decide but my ultimate bias has to be Suho <3 he's so sweet and always smiling and and an excellent leader. Tell me your Exo Bias(es)?

Plus i'm loving TaeTiSeo's album there such a good sub unit, YES YES i'm obsessed with Twinkle and can't stop singing and bouncing my head to it in class loool But i'm also loving Library <3 and Baby Steps :smile: What's your favorite?

I love it when the two EXO members dance right next to TaeTiSeo when they were walking in. Epic move! :tongue:
Has anyone seen the camrip of the 'I AM' movie with the English subs? It was great, and quite emotional too, especially if SM artists are your favourites like me.
Epik High
Younha
Sunny Hill
DBSK - JYJ
Nell
Brown eyed girls - cleansing cream
Standing Egg

JPOP - I used to listen to KAT-TUN :smile:

Anyone heard of Eat Your Kimchi (simon and martina)?
Hello! :biggrin:

Been obsessed with J/K-pop for years. Been a fan of Kumi Koda since 2004, Ayumi Hamasaki since 2005 and An Cafe since 2006. They started off my fascination with the music. :biggrin: I've been a huge fan of the boys of Johnny's Entertainment since late 2008 with KAT-TUN being my my absolute favourite. I also love Namie Amuro and Kana Nishino. My latest interest is BREAKERZ. <3 Been listening to K-pop since 2009 with my favourite group being BIG BANG. Used to be DBSK but I don't think the new line-up or JYJ are as strong as DBSK were as five. Also loving D-NA, MBLAQ, Boyfriend and B2ST atm.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1248
LOL

This is an awesome thread.

J-pop is certainly a guilty pleasure of mine :wink:
Reply 1249
I need 2NE1 comeback and I need it nowwwwwwwwwwww :colone:
We can be kpop buddies ^^ and others...
anyone watched any TW dramas? I haven't so I'm curious ^^

I love Queen In-Hyun's Man in kdrama right now :smile:

- vabbian : yeah love 2NE1's fierce - not OTP eagyo (sp?) - look. I like their song 'I don't care'.
[video="youtube;w9M_eQ824vg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9M_eQ824vg[/video]

Standing egg :3
Original post by sinfonietta
Hello! :biggrin:

Been obsessed with J/K-pop for years. Been a fan of Kumi Koda since 2004, Ayumi Hamasaki since 2005 and An Cafe since 2006. They started off my fascination with the music. :biggrin: I've been a huge fan of the boys of Johnny's Entertainment since late 2008 with KAT-TUN being my my absolute favourite. I also love Namie Amuro and Kana Nishino. My latest interest is BREAKERZ. <3 Been listening to K-pop since 2009 with my favourite group being BIG BANG. Used to be DBSK but I don't think the new line-up or JYJ are as strong as DBSK were as five. Also loving D-NA, MBLAQ, Boyfriend and B2ST atm.

HI. JE fan here! Although of the Eighter variety :ahee:
Maru from Kanjani8 and Ueda from KAT-TUN are going to be in a drama together. WASSDSOFODF etc.
Original post by okonomiyaki
HI. JE fan here! Although of the Eighter variety :ahee:
Maru from Kanjani8 and Ueda from KAT-TUN are going to be in a drama together. WASSDSOFODF etc.

Kanjani8 put out CDs too fast for me to keep up. Will need to catch up at sometime. Following Ryo's drama atm.
Arashi definitely win the award for the single-spamming... :tongue:

Seriously? Haven't heard about this! ;o
I hope Ueda has a funny role whatever it is - his "serious" acting is too forced. I couldn't help laughing through his character's breakdown scene in an early episode of Runaway - and I'm an Ueda fan! :P I've his solo CHAIN concert poster above my bed. <3
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sinfonietta
Kanjani8 put out CDs too fast for me to keep up. Will need to catch up at sometime. Following Ryo's drama atm.
Arashi definitely win the award for the single-spamming... :tongue:

Seriously? Haven't heard about this! ;o
I hope Ueda has a funny role whatever it is - his "serious" acting is too forced. I couldn't help laughing through his character's breakdown scene in an early episode of Runaway - and I'm an Ueda fan! :P I've his solo CHAIN concert poster above my bed. <3

And as much as I love Kanjani8, they tend to get good album songs and iffy single songs, whereas Arashi's singles are consistently good apart from Your Eyes. So I wasn't a fan of the intense single releases of last year.

Normally it's one single a year but last year was incredibly surprising. I'm not sure exactly how it happened! Only Ai De****a is for sure this year, but since it's their 8th anniversary, they're all over Papadol and have a film coming out I'm not whining too much so far :tongue:

Ueda is playing a boxer in the drama! It starts in July and is called "Boys on the Run". I'm saving up to order a Kanjani8 poster from ebay *sigh* :rolleyes:
Original post by okonomiyaki
And as much as I love Kanjani8, they tend to get good album songs and iffy single songs, whereas Arashi's singles are consistently good apart from Your Eyes. So I wasn't a fan of the intense single releases of last year.

Normally it's one single a year but last year was incredibly surprising. I'm not sure exactly how it happened! Only Ai De****a is for sure this year, but since it's their 8th anniversary, they're all over Papadol and have a film coming out I'm not whining too much so far :tongue:

Ueda is playing a boxer in the drama! It starts in July and is called "Boys on the Run". I'm saving up to order a Kanjani8 poster from ebay *sigh* :rolleyes:

I prefer Kanjani8's earlier work to what they're doing now. Loved that enka sound to their music. Although, saying that, Puzzle is my favourite of their albums (I love Ryo, Subaru & Okura's English song Glorious :heart:). But I haven't listened to all of 8UPPERS yet or anything released since then. ^^;

I haven't heard Your Eyes yet. I'm still in love with Face Down though. <3

Ooh, definitely going to watch that one then! Saw him boxing on Kyoukashi ni Nosetai!! and was definitely impressed. :biggrin: Loved Kame's boxing drama, One Pound Gospel, too. And I've been meaning to watch A****a no Joe.

What sort of poster is it? Concert? Advertisement?

Err, I sound like such a lazy fan when it comes to keeping up with releases. ^^; Already have both versions of KT's To The Limit on pre-order though! <3
Reply 1256
Does anyone know how to get tickets for the SMTown tour in Japan?
Reply 1257
Is anyone here going for the YG Auditions in London? I probably will, just for the experience (there's no way I'm taleneted enough to actually merit being accepted!)

I just don't know what song to do - Korean or English? :s-smilie:
Reply 1258
Original post by ShyGirl95

KREEEEEEEESE has to be my ultimate bias and Chanyeol the happy virus is working his way up my bias list :biggrin:
Original post by Paramore<3
Is anyone here going for the YG Auditions in London? I probably will, just for the experience (there's no way I'm taleneted enough to actually merit being accepted!)

I just don't know what song to do - Korean or English? :s-smilie:

bloody hell...didn't know they even did auditions over here!!! might have to go even though i can't sing.... sinice they might have possible seen G-Dragon once O_______________________O

***fangirling to the extreme***

Quick Reply

Latest