The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would have kept it.
I'd keep it to be honest, and that's not to be harsh or anything.. just it's a dog eat dog world haha, most people would do the same :smile:
Reply 62
Ayostunner
I'd take it if im being honest !
once i found a phone on the train and i sold it for £80 :P: easiest money ever !
I also found £20 on the bus once and im sure if i gave it to the bus driver he would have kept it for himself!

SO FINDERS KEEPERS, LOSERS WEEPERS!

exactly I once found 2 phones mysteriously in the middle of an empty park so i took em home with me, but first since one of the phones had internet I had a laugh at some youtube vids costing the owner dear money.!
Reply 63
ticktockclock
Unfortunately, the world doesnt work like that, if you were careless enough to lose it in the forsst place why do you expect someone to go through all that hassle to make sure it goes back to you. Harsh lessons have to be learned so that the person doesnt make the same mistakes in the future.

WHat a load of ****. Most people who find things that can very easily be traced back to their owner do hand them in. Why is it your job to teach people who lose things 'harsh lessons'? It's unlikely the person lost it on purpose. You are just using utter ******** logic to justify theft to yourself.
Reply 64
Ayostunner
I'd take it if im being honest !
once i found a phone on the train and i sold it for £80 :P: easiest money ever !
I also found £20 on the bus once and im sure if i gave it to the bus driver he would have kept it for himself!

SO FINDERS KEEPERS, LOSERS WEEPERS!

Stratos
exactly I once found 2 phones mysteriously in the middle of an empty park so i took em home with me, but first since one of the phones had internet I had a laugh at some youtube vids costing the owner dear money.!

well both of you are dicks. Didnt school teach you not to take whats yours, or to be civilised enough to return lost items? The world's ****** up because of selfish idiots like you two. You're just that desperately low
rajandkwameali
how is it theft? legally it is not.

Legally its theft.

And to answer the OP; I would ring their 'Home' number or if I couldn't, I'd hand it in to the network shop.
if your wanting to hand it back, look in the phone book for a 'home' number, then phone them.
Reply 67
you are a fool, if I found a blackberry it would have gone straight in my pocket, if someone is dumb enough to lose it then that is their fault, I would keep it, I would not hand in it, if I did hand it I would dunk it in the toilet, so that it would be ruined.
Reply 68
to be honest is if i was so stupid to loose it id expect someone to snatch it. keep it, and ebay it :biggrin:. if you wanna find out whos it is take the sim card out and put it in a different phone..
I'd phone one of the contacts, ie home/mum whatever and attempt to return it that way.
Reply 70
I wouldn't expect for my phone to have been handed in when I'd lost it, but at the same time I'd probably make a vague attempt to return it to the person myself. Mostly because with a phone it's so easy to- ring "home" or similar. If it was something like an ipod that wasn't so easily identifiable it'd be on ebay as soon as I got home!
Ben.Shallot
....what would you do?

I found a newish one in a public toilet today and hesitated at first, but eventually took it. I mean, I was going to hand it in to the staff/security, but what are the chances of it being returned to the same person who'd left it in the (busy) restauraunt? Losers weepers, finders keepers, ey? :wink:

What would you guys do?

NB. The said Blackberry is locked with a password. What the fedge do I do?

Do not even think abotu hading it over, if i saw the person leave it behind ill call them and tell them, but if the person has already left and its there ill take it, do not even think about giving it to staff, they will take it, a friend he found a new i phone on the bus, he instnatly took it, if you dont take it somebody else will
noodles!
I wouldn't expect for my phone to have been handed in when I'd lost it, but at the same time I'd probably make a vague attempt to return it to the person myself. Mostly because with a phone it's so easy to- ring "home" or similar. If it was something like an ipod that wasn't so easily identifiable it'd be on ebay as soon as I got home!

you girls are too naive, well its to be expected
Reply 73
I lost a phone once, and didn't find it in the end. Lesson learnt from this was don't keep important/much personal information on your phone, as it is very unlikely for the phone to be returned to the police, yourself or whereever you lost it.

As this is a blackberry, I would try get in contact with someone on the contact list in order to try to return.
Also see who's on their blackberry messenger and contact them.
Reply 74
People, why don't you read the posts?! The OP said that it was locked and he kept trying the password, got it wrong so many times so that the contacts etc were wiped. There aren't any contacts there to call. Chances are it's been blocked now anyway.
Amazing how many people are saying you should keep it...ah, yes, of course, because 'finders keepers' has now become an actual legal concept. :rolleyes: Some people need to grow up a little bit and remember they're not still in the school playground. :wink:

It is illegal to keep it, and if you don't hand it into the police OP, or make some effort to contact the owner to return it, you could potentially be charged with theft by finding. It happened to a poor guy a while ago who simply kept a phone overnight before he had the chance to hand it in-it will definitely happen to you if you keep it deliberately. Whoever has lost it is probably worrying over it, so give it back and you'll probably make their day.
Reply 76
Give it in you immoral *******.
Reply 77
Damn, threads like this make me lose faith in humanity.

I've lost my phone 3 times - twice because I was drunk and once because I was running down the street late for work and dropped it.
EVERY time, someone found it and was nice enough to ring my mom letting them know, as well as pick up the phone when I called to arrange for us to meet up.

Granted, it isn't a nice phone, but it's got all my contacts, some photos, saved messages, and other semi-important stuff on it. If it cost $20 or $320, I would hope someone would be kind enough to do the same.

I also work in a restaurant/pub myself and people turn things in all the time, including phones, credit cards, and expensive jackets. And yes, the managers hold on to all of these things, sometimes for months, instead of taking it for themselves. Thank god not everyone in this world is a selfish git.
Reply 78
ticktockclock
Unfortunately, the world doesnt work like that, if you were careless enough to lose it in the forsst place why do you expect someone to go through all that hassle to make sure it goes back to you. Harsh lessons have to be learned so that the person doesnt make the same mistakes in the future.

Chicken or the egg?

You tell me.
Reply 79
It's a pity that you only decided to hand it in once you discovered that i was illegal to keep it, how much of a **** are you?

Latest

Trending

Trending