The Student Room Group

A Desperate Plee For Help ICT edecxel a2 database exam

A2 Edexcel Database unit 7 exam? Anyone? My entire class has NO idea what they are doing.:woo: .even our teacher has told us he's not confident in it. This is a plee on my entire class's behalf (who are crowded round the computer as i write this, they're THAT desperate) anything that could help, anything at all..hints, tips? example? Absolutly anything and we'd all be SO grateful :smile: thankyou in advance
Reply 1
heyy join the club no1 in my class has an idea ov what thy are doing .. we need sum1 smart who can make sum model answers x
Reply 2
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/Applied%20GCE/223964_UA015271_GCE_in_Applied_ICT__8751_52___9751_52_.pdf - Specification pg 119

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=opera&rls=en-GB&hs=amU&q=microsoft+access+tutorials&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq= - Link to a google search of Microsoft Access tutorials. You may not even be using Access.

Best advice: read the specification, make sure you can do everything on it. If you are stuck then use google. Also, if your teacher has no confidence then what is he doing teaching A Level ICT and not spending his own time to learn the software?
A good start would be for you (and your teacher) to get a copy of the recommended book
Heathcote P M — Successful ICT Projects in Access (Payne-Gallway
Publishers Limited, 2002) ISBN 0953249069
There is nothing in that specification that hasn't been around for years now. It's standard A2 level database and there's loads of help out there on the web.
Reply 4
is there seriously no1 else apart 4rm me n IJB doing this exam lol plz need help :frown:
My class created some mock up information in excel to attempt to simulate the scenario. Here are the tables and entities we decided were needed.
tblContract: ContractID, CustomerID, TariffID, PhoneID (these are all the IDs needed throughout the database), Date of Contract, Contract Expiry Date, Bank Sort Code, Bank Account, Months.
tblCustomer: CustomerID, Surname, Forename, Address, Postcode.
tblPhone: PhoneID, Make, Model, Screen Type, Released, Form Factor, Camera, No. in stock, Minimum Re-Order.
tblTariff: TariffID, Inclusive Minutes, Inclusive Texts, Cost Per Month, Months.

Hope this is a helpful starting point. :biggrin:
X
Reply 6
doing it to, i get the tables, i get input masks and validation rules, kinda going to go over the top and get the most possible there, and i get how to start up a wassit erm... thingy that can go to table to table, and forms and stuff, created by hand and stuff :tongue:

I reckon a good solid D/E.

Latest

Trending

Trending