The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, everything was better in the '70s...
Reply 3
"The Monster Butler": sounds cool
Jack The Ripper.
Reply 5
64 Paranoid Android
Yeah, everything was better in the '70s...

Twas an excellent decade :p: :woo:
Carl
"The Monster Butler": sounds cool

:lolwut: In what sense?
Stalin
Jack The Ripper.

I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't mean the 1870s.
Reply 8
Shame you're not doing late 60s or you could have done Bible John:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_John

My granddad was once arrested as a suspect of Bible John - after a neighbour ratted him out for looking like him haha. They also, I believe, found from a bite mark on a victim that he had a twisted tooth somewhere, and the police interviewed everyone from Glasgow whose dental records showed such a twist.
Reply 9
I've never liked the manner in which people seem to glorify serial killers. I would say as a culture we give them an unhealthy amount of respect. At the time they commit their crimes, people quite rightly regard them as evil scum, yet leave it 20-30 years and people give them almost legendary status.
Reply 10
You want to dress up as a serial killer ? Bit of a warped imagination if you ask me - if you said a serial killer from a film maybe that would make more sense, but I'd find it weird to represent people who actually killed others.

If you have to go as the Zodiac killer. He was an attention seeking child molester with a sexual complex.
You have to go as Fred West...

And wear this t-shirt...

Reply 12
^ Nice recommendation there, but Fred's probably a bit too ugly.

Another prominent english serial killer of the 70's is the Yorkshire Ripper. Peter Sutcliffe.
But I say the american ones are better. Go as pretty boy Ted Bundy or the clown J.W.Gacy. If you've got a partner, go as the Hillside Stranglers.
Serial killers are fascinating...

Manson doesn't fit either of the criterion really, but he's so :teeth: that you should go as him anyway
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson

Reply 14
Joel-M
Hi at college/Sixth form, were doing a 70's theme for children in need. Everyone's doing the usual suspects like Austin Power's etc.

I was wondering what serial killers were active in the 70's? I would rather have an English one, but I'll have a yank one if there wasnt any :s

Thank you :smile:

Wait a sec, Austin Powers was the 60s right ?
HumorousGent.
Serial killers are fascinating...

Manson doesn't fit either of the criterion really, but he's so :teeth: that you should go as him anyway
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson

Oh God, those vids are disturbing!
Reply 16
I don't really think that dressing up as a serial killer is appropriate for Children in Need.

Sorry to rain on your parade.
John Wayne Gacy maybe, the nightstalker I think was 80's.

Ted Bundy is by far the most famous one from the 70's, but most serial killers aren't like movie ones where they have a hook, a trench coat and missing an eye. Ted Bundy was kind of like a chameleon because he could change his look very easy, no really distinctive features.
here you are john wayne gacy used to be a clown for kids party and quite a wealthy business man and killed 30+ little boys.

zodiac killer is borderline 70's you could do that stupid costume thing he did when he killed 2 people havinf a picnic.

That or just go as freaking john trovolta and realise your idea of going as a serial killer isn't the best because no one will have a clue.

Latest

Trending

Trending