The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
suicidaloverbusiness
You say you're doing your A2 in Economics so that means you must have done it at A/S. Can I ask whether Economics is similar to Government and Politics? Also how hard do you consider Economics to be?

I said I'll take it onto A2.

And Economics is different from politics, it has government aspects but the subject is less essay based, more figure based.

Its obviously linked in with politics in terms of being THE economy which politics affects so much today.
TWF
I said I'll take it onto A2.

And Economics is different from politics, it has government aspects but the subject is less essay based, more figure based.

Its obviously linked in with politics in terms of being THE economy which politics affects so much today.

oh ok must have missed that part. Also can you tell me which one you enjoyed the most and which one was the easier A/S.
Reply 42
suicidaloverbusiness
oh ok must have missed that part. Also can you tell me which one you enjoyed the most and which one was the easier A/S.

Politics is more enjoyable, if you have an interest in it and economics gets more interesting by time, unit 1 (January exam unit) is pretty boring but thats because its looking at the basics of economics, microeconomics. It should get more interesting the more you go into it.

Economics is considered the better A-level as wel.
i think it is not very hard but you have to revise and keep your notes up to date
TWF
Politics is more enjoyable, if you have an interest in it and economics gets more interesting by time, unit 1 (January exam unit) is pretty boring but thats because its looking at the basics of economics, microeconomics. It should get more interesting the more you go into it.

Economics is considered the better A-level as wel.

One more thing please, I know that economics is classed as the more recognised A level but in your opinion out of Government and Politics and Economics which one did you find easier.
Reply 45
suicidaloverbusiness
One more thing please, I know that economics is classed as the more recognised A level but in your opinion out of Government and Politics and Economics which one did you find easier.

Economics is easier, AS at least.
Reply 46
LaughingBro
Edexcel one is hard!

Thanks for the reassurance :p:
Reply 47
It depends on what you're good at!

My boyfirend and I are now both first class graduates in Maths with Finance (him) and Politics, Philosophy and Economics (me)

but my boyfriend found A level politics really hard (he's not an essay man!) - and got an E at AS level!

I found that it was easy but NOT really easy. I'm good at essays and love the subject so it makes a big difference.

I think that if the teaching is poor, it can be a tricky subject but if you have good teachers, it's great.

In terms of how it is viewed by universities etc.. I get the impression that it is very well regarded. Not just because it is analytical (like history) but because it means you are aware of the wider world/ how the country works! (in general terms!)

I'm now a lawyer and I know my employers liked the fact I did politics.
Reply 48
sorry... In addition to my above post:

Economics is a fairly boring A level but politics is much more interesting. Both are well regarded but universities are aware that economics at A level is VERY basic!

And I'm not biased - did BOTH subjects at A level AND degree!
Middle core

Latest

Trending

Trending