The Student Room Group

Pros and cons of these unis...

just about the general stuff, the place acomadtaion,night life social life, tutors, past experiences.thanks

London met
middlesex
ravensbourne
roehampton
thames valley
uni of the creative arts
university of the arts
uclan
edge hill
uni of east lonodon
greenwich
westminster
Uni of west scotland
Edinbourough college of art
Duff27
just about the general stuff, the place acomadtaion,night life social life, tutors, past experiences.thanks

London met
middlesex
ravensbourne
roehampton
thames valley
uni of the creative arts
university of the arts
uclan
edge hill
uni of east lonodon
greenwich
westminster
Uni of west scotland
Edinbourough college of art

Edge Hill is very close to Liverpool so if you went there then you could experience the great night life the city has to offer. It is a very modern university because it hasn't been around as long as most other universities. Nothing much more I can add really.

Except Westminster sounds great but only because of the location. :smile:

What course(s) are you thinking of doing?
It depends on what course you're looking to do and what grades you're hoping on getting. If you give us that info then hopefully someone could help you out :wink:

As for the location, most of the unis you've listed are in London, which as you probably know will be great for social life, but probably really expensive in terms of accommodation and just the general cost of living. Also don't be fooled by Westminster - if you're going to be doing media courses most of them are situated on the Harrow campus, not in central London ...
Reply 3
Edinburgh!
Edge Hill- While it's close to Liverpool, it is a bit of a pain going there for nights out. I have a friend there and the trains stop running after a certain time, and it would cost around £40 in a taxi to get to Liverpool from there. There are a couple of good bars in Ormskirk itself, and some nice shops, but it's a small town rather than a city. I would advise you to pick a bigger city uni if it's the nightlife you want.
Reply 5
I live near liverpool! boredof it... im just looking at edge hill and uclan for saftey nets.i want to go to london or edinbrough!I know westminsters the harrow campus :frown: I'm gutted about that:frown: I know about the cost and stuff,i'm looking into it all already. I want to study film/television production. I got A,A,C,C last year this year i'm predicted A,A,C.

Any help would be great!
Reply 6
Gemma :)!
Edge Hill- While it's close to Liverpool, it is a bit of a pain going there for nights out. I have a friend there and the trains stop running after a certain time, and it would cost around £40 in a taxi to get to Liverpool from there. There are a couple of good bars in Ormskirk itself, and some nice shops, but it's a small town rather than a city. I would advise you to pick a bigger city uni if it's the nightlife you want.

What?!? £40!?!?! Are you sure your not mixing edge hill up with somewhere else? Edge hill is quite far from the city centre but it wont cost you £40 to get there from the uni! It may cost that in a limo but certainly not in a taxi :yep:
Duff27
I live near liverpool! boredof it... im just looking at edge hill and uclan for saftey nets.i want to go to london or edinbrough!I know westminsters the harrow campus :frown: I'm gutted about that:frown: I know about the cost and stuff,i'm looking into it all already. I want to study film/television production. I got A,A,C,C last year this year i'm predicted A,A,C.

Any help would be great!
Why do you want to study TV production, can I ask? Is the answer simply that you want to be a producer?
search: the push guide.
Reply 9
mlo90
What?!? £40!?!?! Are you sure your not mixing edge hill up with somewhere else? Edge hill is quite far from the city centre but it wont cost you £40 to get there from the uni! It may cost that in a limo but certainly not in a taxi :yep:

they are right. ive done the ormskirk to liverpool trip manya time and its always bin 30-50 quid
Reply 10
jismith1989
Why do you want to study TV production, can I ask? Is the answer simply that you want to be a producer?

I want to study tv and film production. The film side because I want to learn more about editing,writing, directingetc and the tv side be cause i want to learn about the broadcasting side
Duff27
I want to study tv and film production. The film side because I want to learn more about editing,writing, directingetc and the tv side be cause i want to learn about the broadcasting side
:yep: Of course, the choice is yours, but I feel that you may become disenfranchised with a course that has significantly lower entrance requirements than you've managed to achieve in your AS/A-Levels. Maybe drama schools run such courses? I wish that I knew more, so that I could be more helpful.

This place (http://www.nftsfilm-tv.ac.uk/index.php?module=Content&template=whyNFTS) looks excellent, but only does postgraduate courses (however, maybe that's more respected in the industry?).
mlo90

Ormskirk. I know where it is. I live in Allerton and it costs £12!!
Reply 13
Gemma :)!
Ormskirk. I know where it is. I live in Allerton and it costs £12!!

I just googled 'edge hill uni' and relised that i got it mixed up with hope uni lol! Sorry my mistake :wink:
mlo90
I just googled 'edge hill uni' and relised that i got it mixed up with hope uni lol! Sorry my mistake :wink:

Oooh, well I'm at Hope, so any questions u wanna ask about that just inbox me haha x

Latest