The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
generic hybrid
Ugh. I came across some thread earlier full of teenagers bragging about how quickly they were going to be earning 50k after graduating. stfu stfu stfu

Thought you might like this though:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=22223226

One of my friends from America got offered a job at Microsoft today (he's still a Senior in college), starting salary $80k with $30k in stock options.
:colonhash:
Lucky I hate money, else I'd be JEALOUS.

Also, I like. :yy: It's all in the game :yes:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Aula
hmm... I just feel like it's a little stalkerish when I've never met him.

How else are you gonna get to know him?
This man is gonna end up quite close to your family, might as well break the ice.

Ooh, he lives/works in Manchester. I should get jangra to stalk him :holmes:

He probably already does :colone:
arkbar
One of my friends from America got offered a job at Microsoft today (he's still a Senior), starting salary $80k with $30k in stock options.
:colonhash:
Lucky I hate money, else I'd be JEALOUS.

****ing hell! Lucky bastard. :zomg: I figured they were still sacking people left and right over there.
I think I'm gonna head off to bed; should've gone a few hours ago. :colonhash: Bloody cult.
Reply 64
generic hybrid
****ing hell! Lucky bastard. :zomg: I figured they were still sacking people left and right over there.

He gets to move to Seattle too :colonhash:
I want to move to Seattle :colonhash:
I was considering applying for like a Leverhulme scholarship or something this year so I could just dick around in a US university in a really cool state for a year.
generic hybrid
But they've got 13 A*s! Employers will be fighting to employ such champions. :smug:
I know yeah? And they'll all have first class degrees with distinction or be in the top 1% of their class year (same ******* difference :rolleyes:)
Right is this the new new thread. Got conviently lost for a second.
Reply 67
paperclip
How else are you gonna get to know him?
This man is gonna end up quite close to your family, might as well break the ice.

He probably already does :colone:

good point.
Okay, I will do so. And I don't think jangra does yet, 'cause he probably doesn't know who it is. And I only found this out yesterday.
Aula
hmm... I just feel like it's a little stalkerish when I've never met him.

Ooh, he lives/works in Manchester. I should get jangra to stalk him :holmes:

I shall do so.
Reply 69
Jangrafess
I shall do so.

thank you :yy:
Reply 70
:sick:
Reply 71
New thread yay!

Jangrafess
Tallulah G 1,220
Aula 1,182
Edenr 838
Jangrafess 735
Becca 452
River85 446
Anatheme 441
JessicaW 418
Hopping Mad Kangaroo 408
isawsparks89 394

Top ten posters. Commiserations to all.

Much better than the last one :proud:
Reply 72
You bastards. You little ******* gits! :p: Nice spam though. It was actually proper chat I'm proud of you younglings.

Prepare for epic post and quotings.

Jangrafess
Tallulah G 1,220
Aula 1,182
Edenr 838
Jangrafess 735
Becca 452
River85 446

Wow, I wasn't even trying (and deliberately not posting much) and I still get into the top ten :frown:

Tallulah G
I like Mark Watson as a Never Mind The Buzzcocks presenter. Not quite as good as Amstell, but better than everyone else they've had so far.

I'm afraid it's all about Lamaar. Old skool.

Aula
just go to the metro centre tbh. It's immense :coma:

Metty is ****. Although living not all that far away from it (so being used to it) and having had quite a traumatic experience there, it'll bias me.

Boundary Mills is where it's at (train/bus then metro from Durham)

http://www.boundarymill.co.uk/bou_index.html

Or the Royal Quays at North Shields.

Jangrafess
This tbh. Let's go for it. I'll stay up. What are the odds of him appearing though?

I was talking to real people (housemates) in the kitchen then, instead of going out (to something with HMK) I started bleeding profusely andwas shattered and went to sleep at 10:15. Had I logged an hour later, when my father woke me up by phoning, I'd probably have noticed and stayed. I don't care really, so long as I can still unstick the old thread and stick the new one :proud:

generic hybrid
I don't have another thread. This is my hole, it was made for me!

I agree with Tallulah on the state of the rest of TSR. :colonhash: Especially all the threads made by people doing their GCSEs who are trying to sound authoritative about postgrad courses or graduate jobs or some other **** they have no clue about.

Eurgh........they are killing me love of TSR and have been for months and months. As a mod I've got to read the crap and put them right (or warn them for trolling). Wannabe IBers and clueless school kids talking crap. Parasites. Just stay in the warm confines of Durham chat :yep:

arkbar
99% of the people in GOGSOC do postgrad courses in history/english/town planning [:awesome:]

:awesome: :awesome:

Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Right is this the new new thread. Got conviently lost for a second.

Keep up dear boy, it's not hard :p:

I don't know if you noticed but I wasn't there last night. Sorry :sad: I really wanted to go as well. But my jaw was playing up quite badly and I just felt so tired.

Who's the guy I need to get in touch with to ask about free SWDA positions? I'll just give him an email, say I know you, and that I'd like to put myself forward for whatever's free (which specific positions are still vacant?)

Prudy

Mega hugs for Prudy :hugs:

Stricof
Is this chat exclusive? :sigh:

Being in the Current Durham students forum, it's designed for current students. But anyone is welcome to post and contribute providing they don't troll/act like a prat. You seem a good sort so welcome to the madness.

Edit: - I may or may not have originally posted this in the previous thread by accident :p: Sorry all :o:
Reply 73
Prudy

Sadly this. :sigh:

You all spam a lot. :afraid:

Does anyone know how long it takes for AAM to reply?
The University of Durham, or is it Durham University?
Reply 75
MrGumby

Does anyone know how long it takes for AAM to reply?

100,000,000 years (no ****).

Depends what you're asking (whether it's directed at one mod or any of the team can answer) and what their activity level is like. It's not unknown for AAM threads to go without a reply for two or three days. Maybe longer in AAM (I don't have access to AAM. I'll never be a Super :emo: )

Usually four to twenty four hours. If you haven't received a reply in 24 hours then bump it.

By the way, did I reply to your PM about the History of Med essay titles? It was when my Internet was messing up so you probably didn't receive it :frown: I remember chosing the Arab-Islamic essay back in my day. I was also studying to Islam/Middle East politics modules at the time (as I am now). It was quite interesting. Have you chosen one?
Reply 76
RamocitoMorales
The University of Durham, or is it Durham University?

Officially and legally "The University of Durham". But the crappy rebranding is Durham University cos it's well modern and progressive :rolleyes:

Oh, I was chatting to my housemate the other day (NDGORAANDI). Is it true you once said, "Will the Champions League be the same without Arsenal"? :laugh: You do realise Leeds, Blackburn and Newcastle (first team to qualify as league runners up) all played in the CL before Arsenal did. Making the one final an established force makes not. Can't say they'd be hugely missed tbh.
I didn't realise double posting was allowed.
Reply 78
RamocitoMorales
I didn't realise double posting was allowed.

I'm a ******* rebel :cool:

It's not. But when you're quoting someone it's sometimes necessary to dp. When you edit a post and insert a new quote into the old post then this doesn't appear in the other member's "who quoted me" wotsit. So if I edited my old post there's a chance you would've missed my post and I would've been mooost upset. I do love my chats with you Ramo :yep:

Let me know how the university applications go. If I do head off to Glasgow or Aberdeen for postgrad then I'll possibly see you there :awesome:
Reply 79
River85
100,000,000 years (no ****).

Depends what you're asking (whether it's directed at one mod or any of the team can answer) and what their activity level is like. It's not unknown for AAM threads to go without a reply for two or three days. Maybe longer in AAM (I don't have access to AAM. I'll never be a Super :emo: )

Usually four to twenty four hours. If you haven't received a reply in 24 hours then bump it.

By the way, did I reply to your PM about the History of Med essay titles? It was when my Internet was messing up so you probably didn't receive it :frown: I remember chosing the Arab-Islamic essay back in my day. I was also studying to Islam/Middle East politics modules at the time (as I am now). It was quite interesting. Have you chosen one?

Oh well. I posted it Tuesday evening. I think anyone could answer it, but it's not really that big an issue so I can wait.

Nah, I didn't get your reply to the PM. I haven't picked yet but I think I'm going to go wither for Arabic-Islamic medicine or Renaissance medicine. I'm starting my essay preperation for that tomorrow. I've got a terrible feeling that the reading is going to take me a lot longer than I expect it to and I'm going to be pushed right up to the deadline...

Latest

Trending

Trending