The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
RainingCatsAndDogs
Hahaa i have no idea, i didnt pay much attention to what everyone was wearing XD But i was in at half 10, and finished at quarter to 11 :/ But yeah i really liked the city, and the interview was pretty nice aswell, it was all standard questions. So glad its over though! XD

And we had this random first year, female, short hair, kind of hyper, had a medsoc hoody on. Thats all i remember :rolleyes:

Haha, that would be Cal. Can you remember who interviewed you?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Leonidas
There are 4 Andy's in my year alone haha! You'll have to be a bit more descriptive, but chances are I'll know him.
The November interviews found out around Feb/March during last year's cycle so it is quite a wait unfortunately, but worth it if you get an offer.
Can you remember who interviewed you?

Well the Andy that showed us around had short mousy hair? and i THINK blue eyes. He had been moved from the crappy Barlow? halls to this hall near some town houses? I don't know lmao.

And the interviewers were lovely :smile: It was a woman and a man, both had grey hair I think. The man had glasses? Hmm i don't think this narrows this down at all haha.
CoffeeAtStarbucks
Well the Andy that showed us around had short mousy hair? and i THINK blue eyes. He had been moved from the crappy Barlow? halls to this hall near some town houses? I don't know lmao.

And the interviewers were lovely :smile: It was a woman and a man, both had grey hair I think. The man had glasses? Hmm i don't think this narrows this down at all haha.

These were my interviewers as well! Urm the woman was Gill Vince. I remember that cos i asked my tour guide who she was cos she looked so much like margaret off the apprentice. And the guy had a weirdish accent, it was kind of welsh i think :/
Reply 23
Hiya guys, I'm a first year medic at Lancaster as well, a good friend of Leonidas here. Thought that I'd lend some auxillary support and insist on repeating what he said- if you get an offer from this place, don't just snap their hand off, rip it off and devour every last part, subcutaneous or otherwise!

For a million reasons Lancaster is a fantastic place to study medicine, it really is a 'hidden gem'.

I saw some of you lot on Tuesday morning after interview, but if any of you guys have any questions about Lancaster/medicine, post them here or sling a PM my way and I'll get back to you.

All the best and good luck!
RainingCatsAndDogs
These were my interviewers as well! Urm the woman was Gill Vince. I remember that cos i asked my tour guide who she was cos she looked so much like margaret off the apprentice. And the guy had a weirdish accent, it was kind of welsh i think :/

Yehh I think we all must have had the same interviewers! I liked the guy's accent lool. OML I really wish we didn't have to wait so long!! Thats the bad thing about getting earlier interviews, having to wait AGES to find out how it went lol. And we got interviewed by the head of admissions! :O I think Gill Vincent is the head. In my interview I found that the guy asked more questions, she still asked Qs, but not as many. How about for you?
CoffeeAtStarbucks
Yehh I think we all must have had the same interviewers! I liked the guy's accent lool. OML I really wish we didn't have to wait so long!! Thats the bad thing about getting earlier interviews, having to wait AGES to find out how it went lol. And we got interviewed by the head of admissions! :O I think Gill Vincent is the head. In my interview I found that the guy asked more questions, she still asked Qs, but not as many. How about for you?

No in mine the woman asked most of the questions, and the guy only asked like 1 or 2. Hahh they may have been alternating roles :P Yeah how long do we have to wait, its awful! I want to know!
RainingCatsAndDogs
No in mine the woman asked most of the questions, and the guy only asked like 1 or 2. Hahh they may have been alternating roles :P Yeah how long do we have to wait, its awful! I want to know!

We have to wait till March 2010 apparently! :/ And yeah maybe they were, the lady asked about 3 Qs in mine, tbh the interview was kind of a blur once it finisihed, I had to think loadss to try and remember exactlyish what they had asked me when I was telling my parents about it lol. 3-4 months to go! lool
CoffeeAtStarbucks
We have to wait till March 2010 apparently! :/ And yeah maybe they were, the lady asked about 3 Qs in mine, tbh the interview was kind of a blur once it finisihed, I had to think loadss to try and remember exactlyish what they had asked me when I was telling my parents about it lol. 3-4 months to go! lool

I know right! No point even waiting! OMG Exactly the same, i came out and i could not remember anything, haa, i just remember the questions were very standardd.Long wait ahead -.-
Reply 28
For what it's worth, I recieved my offer on the 2nd February this year. That was the earliest they gave them out- but don't count on it, every year is different!
Reply 29
CoffeeAtStarbucks

One year I believe they got back to the candidates before Christmas, but as university applications increase, it makes sense to assume that the time taken to get back to all the applications will similarly increase, so I think Feb/March is a fair guess. There aren't that many schools that get back to you in 2 weeks.
Dr Karen Grant is the head of admissions and Dr Gill Vince is Director of Medical Studies; Dr Vince is actually my PBL facilitator and she is very nice indeed.
Reply 30
[QUOTE="Leonidas"]There are 4 Andy's in my year alone haha! You'll have to be a bit more descriptive, but chances are I'll know him.
The November interviews found out around Feb/March during last year's cycle so it is quite a wait unfortunately, but worth it if you get an offer.
Can you remember who interviewed you?[/QUOTE
Reply 31
CoffeeAtStarbucks

how long did it take for them to reply to you because i have apllied for the same course but haven't heard anything from them.
awais92
how long did it take for them to reply to you because i have apllied for the same course but haven't heard anything from them.

Well my UCAS was processed by UCAS on the 14th Oct. They sent me an acknowledgement pretty quickly, like 2 weeks after applying? And they sent me a letter for an interview 9 days in advance. They dont use UKCAT which is probs why the start so early. Sorry about replying so late, have to use my dads laptop as my comp has died lol. Don't worry about not having heard yet, they interview into Feb, and I doubt they have sent many offers-if any at all, coz they probably rank everyones final score at the end hence them telling us they don't make decisions till March, there's still loads of time to hear from them :smile:
Reply 33
CoffeeAtStarbucks
Well my UCAS was processed by UCAS on the 14th Oct. They sent me an acknowledgement pretty quickly, like 2 weeks after applying? And they sent me a letter for an interview 9 days in advance. They dont use UKCAT which is probs why the start so early. Sorry about replying so late, have to use my dads laptop as my comp has died lol. Don't worry about not having heard yet, they interview into Feb, and I doubt they have sent many offers-if any at all, coz they probably rank everyones final score at the end hence them telling us they don't make decisions till March, there's still loads of time to hear from them :smile:

A non-school leaver has received an unconditional that I know of, but still no word from any of the school leavers waiting for conditionals that I know of. Best not to dwell on it, just enjoy Christmas and worry about all this stuff in the new year!
CoffeeAtStarbucks

ZOMG! I just received a conditional offer!!! It's not changed on UCAS yet though, I just got a letter through the post. AS IF! I thought i wouldnt hear until March. But I'm so happy! XD
Reply 35
RainingCatsAndDogs
ZOMG! I just received a conditional offer!!! It's not changed on UCAS yet though, I just got a letter through the post. AS IF! I thought i wouldnt hear until March. But I'm so happy! XD

are you in your gap year and if not, can u please tell me what was your prediction (if you don't mind).
Reply 36
CoffeeAtStarbucks

if you don't mind telling me what was your prediction?
did you apply anywhere else for medicine or for any other course.
awais92
are you in your gap year and if not, can u please tell me what was your prediction (if you don't mind).

Nope still doing A Levels. And predicted AAA. :smile:
Reply 38
has any got a rejection or interview for any other date?
Reply 39
RainingCatsAndDogs

Congratulations. Honestly, make them your firm, you won't regret it! Hopefully see you at Freshers in September :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending