The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ozi193
ANy1 else doing this unit of work...its the new geography spec. Synoptic assessment on that issue of cycling and the NHS in Guildford on something...

What is everyones thoughts....any tips/advice would be welcome:smile:

Hey, I received my AIB booklet on Friday, I've had a quick browse through and think the topic could be more interesting!

What do you think of it?

So far my college are advising us read the booklet over and over, and try answering some example questions which they have set. Also they've said to make an open ended glossary with unfamiliar words.

It seems like the exam is ages away :biggrin:
Reply 2
I agree...the topic could definately be more interesting- I mean cycling in guildford isn't the most exciting of issues is it :smile:...ahh well

All our teachers have told us to do so far is just read...as far as the exam is concerned, 9 weeks ain't that far away:eek: I dnt about college but in 6th form the time flies by....
Reply 3
I'm doing the same exam in january. If you don't mind, would you post the example questions which your college has set.

At the moment we're just reading the documents that they've mentioned in the booklet, i.e. walking and cycling: links to schools, the NICE documents, etc.
Reply 4
oh this was so helpful, thanks! sorry to butt into the conversation but i'm also sitting this exam in Jan :smile: i can't help but agree that they could have used a more interesting topic especially as i don't have much love for human geography but oh well! so far we are just answering questions on each of the items similar to the ones you've published, just like 'what is the key aim of the NICE report?' and 'what are the key suggestions recomended in order to achieve the main aim of the report?' blah blah. it all seems a bit vague, i know the exam is only at the end of january but i can't help but feel i won't have much to write when it comes to the actual exam! i guess it's still early days though :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you, much appreciated boggybob :smile:
Once my teacher gets a move on, i'll put up anything that may be of any use to other tsr users who are doing the same exam.
Reply 6
Hey
Those questions were really helpful. Just wondering if anybody knows anything about PESTE, I've been asked to do a concept map for Guilford, not really sure how this is going to help, and can't figure out what to put under political? Any ideas?
Thankingyou.
:smile:
Reply 7
We also had the chief examiner in last week who set this work, he mentioned the some of questions would be likely to look at population, and population density.. He also said that we're unlikely to need Spearmans rank (Hallelujah!) but need to interpret the data in Fig 2+3 in a different way, possibly a chloropleth map.
He also suggested a glossary, both of unfamiliar words and of case studies that may be linked.
If anybody thinks my full set of notes might be helpful for you, tell me and I'll post them. I also have a powerpoint I'm more than happy to email to anyone :smile:
x
Reply 8
Hey,

The sample questions you have provided are really helpful, thanks.

Could you please send me a copy of your full notes and power point as my school is not fortunate enough to be able to get the chief examiner to attend our school. The notes will be greatly appreciated as I will be able to share them with other students within my class.

Thanks,

Tom

X :smile:
Reply 9
Hi Ellent08!

Having the chief examiner in sounds extremely helpful! I would greatly appreciate the notes/powerpoint that you have, PM for email

Many thanks,

Harry
Reply 10
Hey Ellent08

I would really appreciate your notes on the AIB, as I'm sitting the exam in January and really feel I have no knowledge on it!

Thank you so much,

Becky x x x
Reply 11
EllenT08
We also had the chief examiner in last week who set this work, he mentioned the some of questions would be likely to look at population, and population density.. He also said that we're unlikely to need Spearmans rank (Hallelujah!) but need to interpret the data in Fig 2+3 in a different way, possibly a chloropleth map.
He also suggested a glossary, both of unfamiliar words and of case studies that may be linked.
If anybody thinks my full set of notes might be helpful for you, tell me and I'll post them. I also have a powerpoint I'm more than happy to email to anyone :smile:
x

AHHH!!:woo: :smile: :biggrin: your a life saver...

could you please email the notes and presentation to me as well...?
thank you sooo much!!:biggrin:
I was wondering if people had anymore ideas on questions that could come up on the paper becasue I have some and I happy to share them but I thought would be useful to build up a wide range of them and so could share them all.

Thanks
:smile:
Reply 13
EllenT08
x

Please may i have the full set of notes and powerpoint! I would be extremely grateful! + rep :biggrin:

Thank you so much, you are great:yes:
Reply 14
May I have the full set of notes and the powerpoint please. It would be extremely appreciated.

Reply 15
Everyone should have had an email today, hope it helps!
Reply 16
I learnt how to attach files two minutes after I sent everyone an email! :mad:
I've posted them below! Go crazy, I hope they help!

Ellen xx
EllenT08
I learnt how to attach files two minutes after I sent everyone an email! :mad:
I've posted them below! Go crazy, I hope they help!

Ellen xx

second file does work.
Reply 18
TickTackToe
second file does work.

Does that mean the first one doesn't :frown:
Computers hate me.
If you want either, just tell me which, and a hotmail address and I'll email them :smile: xxx
Reply 19
PM for address

cheers babe :wink: :smile: :wink: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending