The Student Room Group

Ab Initio Offers

Hi!

I received an offer about an hour ago from Leeds Uni for French and ab initio Spanish. The offer was AAB, but it stated that I required an A in French at A-Level AND in Spanish.

I'm currently somewhat confused, as I don't study Spanish (hence the ab initio) as to why the Spanish requirement is there. I clearly stated in my personal statement that I was looking to start the language at uni.

Is this a common anomaly?

I'm asking because the uni's phone line is now close, and I'm needing peace of mind over the weekend, haha!

As you can see, I'm new to this, and I see u guys as being helpful! Any help on this one?

Thanks
Reply 1
McLol
Hi!

I received an offer about an hour ago from Leeds Uni for French and ab initio Spanish. The offer was AAB, but it stated that I required an A in French at A-Level AND in Spanish.

I'm currently somewhat confused, as I don't study Spanish (hence the ab initio) as to why the Spanish requirement is there. I clearly stated in my personal statement that I was looking to start the language at uni.

Is this a common anomaly?

I'm asking because the uni's phone line is now close, and I'm needing peace of mind over the weekend, haha!

As you can see, I'm new to this, and I see u guys as being helpful! Any help on this one?

Thanks
Mistakes happen. Email them and ask for clarification (email better than phone because then you have a written record). They should send an update through to Track for you in a few days.

Latest

Trending

Trending