The Student Room Group

taking ICT just for the fun of it?

At the moment I am in Year 11 studying AS Computing and I hope to take A2 in year 12, but this means in year 13 I will have nothing to do.

I've always loved Computing (and ICT when I did the GCSE) lessons in school, so I really want to still have lessons in Year 13. I've looked at the syllabus for ICT compared to Computing and there are some things that are only on ICT that I don't know. I also want to do Maths, Further Maths and Physics at A-level too, so seeming as I will already have 4 "proper" A-levels (and General Studies), do you think I should just take ICT anyway (because I know I'll enjoy it more than other subjects, and I'm prepared to do all of the endless coursework :wink: )?
Sounds like you are clever and dedicated enough to do it. If it interests you, I don't see why not.
Reply 2
:yep: Why not?

If you want to, and you feel capable of handling that endless coursework :wink:, then go ahead and do it. :smile:

Also, Computing is good for practising your logic & reasoning skills, which come in useful throughout science-related subjects (ie: maths, physics, etc.). That's especially the case with programming. :yes:
well if you want to go ahead, you can always drop it

although i've personally heard the ICT a'level is horrendously boring and completely pointless
Reply 4
I'd consider taking a more useful subject, or even something TOTALLY different.
IMO AS to A2 is a bigger jump than GCSE to AS (That's just my opinion though lol)
Seriously not enjoying A2 lol