The Student Room Group

Applying for Trinity College Dublin...

Hi, I'm trying to apply for Trinity College Dublin through the CAO system.

I'm having some trouble understanding. I filled in all personal info, chose 3 courses for TCD:

1. TR012 History and Political Science
2. TR003 History
3. TR015 Philosophy, Political Science, Economics and Sociology
4. TR014 Philosophy and Political Science

Now, I have a few questions...

Is it ok for me to choose 3 courses from one Uni?
Under the qualifications part I wrote in my schools name, selected the country and entered th years of attendance. Where do I enter details about the exams that I will be taking? Does everything have to be written in that small 200 character box? If so, what info should I write? I have currently written "French Baccelaureate ES (Economic Series) in 2010.", is that enough or should I mention my predicted grade?

As an applicant from a French school, am I advantaged or disadvantaged? Will I be up against ALL TCD applicants or only those with French qualifications? How much higher than the entry requirements will my grades have to be to get an offer?

Also, how does one submit the application?

I know that I've asked alot of questions bt I would very much appreciate any help and answers.

Thank You!
Reply 1
Anybody?
Reply 2
I'd appreciate even the smallest bit of help.
Reply 3
Can nobody at all help me?
You can apply to 10 Trinity courses if you want.

Have you looked at the 2009 CAO points? History- 445. History and Political Science- 500. Philosophy and Political Science- 485. Philosophy, PoliticalScience..and Sociology- 520. With the possible exception of history- you need very high grades for these. History itself is fiercely competitive though. All courses reserve places for international students BUT your results still have to be relatively equal to those of Irish students. I don't how BAC conversion works, sorry or about what else you have to write on the application. They have to be a good bit higher than the entry requirements for Irish students, I'd imagine it'd be the same for you. For example, most arts courses require a C in 3 subjects or so, and a D or higher in maths (which is sort of the university matriculation requirements). But if you just got C's and the occassional D, you wouldn't get higher than 300 points really.

You can submit the application online (almost everyone does this) or by post.
Reply 5
You get 10 choices on a CAO form - you must place your choices in order of preference - you will only get one offer - not one offer per university just one offer, and it will be from the highest choice you meet the grades for. You can ofcourese apply to 10 Trinity courses, but remember to put them in order of preference - because you will only be offered one!!!!

The CAO handbook should give details of how you can equate your qualifications with those of Irish students - offers only go out after results have been made, and you will need to do as well, if not better than the Irish students as places in Trinity are extremely high in demand.

Latest

Trending

Trending