The Student Room Group

PhD funding - charitable trusts

Hi everyone,

I realise this question possibly has an answer elsewhere, but I was wondering if anyone had any specific examples of charitable trusts that might offer PhD funding/fellowships. The particular field is structural biology of flu, so I've already looked at the Wellcome Trust and NIHR. Are there any other sources of funding which will directly fund individuals rather than funding institutions? I already have supervisors and I'd be able to put together a convincing research proposal, but was recommended to have a look for PhD fellowships.

Any help would be very much appreciated, I've spent a fair bit of time Googling, but everyone and everywhere seems to direct me to the BBSRC and MRC who only fund institutions.

Cheers,

Kyle
If you're at uni, see if you can get access to FunderFinder. It's a database of charities and gives you results based on your criteria you've entered. My uni does through student support but yours might be different. Even if you're not currently studying, might be worth contacting your undergrad one.

Have a look at postgraduate studentships as well; they have info on charitable trusts mixed in with studentship info

Latest

Trending

Trending