The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Reply 2
Not a clue tbh. They both seem to have the same materials and cut from the photos. Oh, and get a proper one, not that other one suggested.
Reply 3
Cj-Tj
Not a clue tbh. They both seem to have the same materials and cut from the photos. Oh, and get a proper one, not that other one suggested.

Have you actually ever worn a "proper" replica rugby shirt?
They became skintight collarless affairs about 8 years ago. Not a good look for going down the pub, and very hot and uncomfortable. A few of my mates shelled out for them and only wore them a couple of times.

My old school replica is worn all the time on the other hand - and actually looks and feels like a rugby shirt - so I was giving my best advice based on personal experience.
I prefer the thicker, coarser cotton-y Ireland rugby shirts, but they may be exclusively Celtic ones I'm thinking of.

After some heavy googling it was Ireland, but it was maybe an old away strip, mainly white? My ex has one.

But I prefer that to the 'proper' ones that are suitable for pitch wear.

But other than that, I see no difference between those two :smile:.
Reply 5
py0alb
Have you actually ever worn a "proper" replica rugby shirt?
They became skintight collarless affairs about 8 years ago. Not a good look for going down the pub, and very hot and uncomfortable. A few of my mates shelled out for them and only wore them a couple of times.

My old school replica is worn all the time on the other hand - and actually looks and feels like a rugby shirt - so I was giving my best advice based on personal experience.

I have about 6 "proper" rugby shirts. Some replica, most however in club colours with my name and number on the back. :wink: Not too bad for going down the pub with imho, if you go down on match days then everyone wears the same.

If he wants an Ireland rugby top to wear then get a proper one, no point having a knock off version.

Just my opinion.
Reply 6
Cj-Tj
I have about 6 "proper" rugby shirts. Some replica, most however in club colours with my name and number on the back. :wink: Not too bad for going down the pub with imho, if you go down on match days then everyone wears the same.

If he wants an Ireland rugby top to wear then get a proper one, no point having a knock off version.

Just my opinion.

I've no doubt that the two I posted were 'proper ones' I just didn't understand the difference between the two as they were both official products. It was for wearing to the pub and to games and stuff, not for actually playing rugby in.

Anyhow, I got this one off JJB cause it was nice and cheap :smile: Don't know if it's 'replica' or 'authentic' but it'll do!! Cheers for all your help

http://www.jjbsports.com/ireland-rugby-jersey-home-09/10/rugby/shop/fcp-product/5717
Reply 7
Grassy123
Hiya, I'm wanting to buy my boyfriend an Ireland rugby shirt for christmas but looking at Sports Direct website there are two different kinds. Other than the £10 in price what is the difference between the 'replica' and the 'authentic' jersey, they don't look any different so I'm really confused. Its for just wearing casually, as opposed to playing rugby in, cheers for any help :smile:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/puma-ireland-home-authentic-jersey-mens-381305

http://www.sportsdirect.com/puma-ireland-home-replica-jersey-mens-381307

The authentic one (as described on the site and implied by the name) is the one worn by the players, whereas the replica is the less-tight fitting one designed for supporters. If you buy him an authentic one he'll find it cool, I would! :p:

Latest