The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Magnum Opus
Oh jeez, get over yourselves. There are plenty of guys like that, far far more than there are the type to use you for one night and that's it. Comments like this reflect more the fact you can't be bothered to find them yourself rather than there not being any.

that's because there aren't many around that are young betweeen 18 to 21 :frown: they want to have fun at uni. the only ones that are tend to be the ones who already are in a relationship or finished uni and want to a ltr :yep:
i am! lol x
Indieboohoo
that's because there aren't many around that are young betweeen 18 to 21 :frown: they want to have fun at uni. the only ones that are tend to be the ones who already are in a relationship or finished uni and want to a ltr :yep:

Out of all the people I know at university, not one of the wants to simply "have fun" (ie sleep around). Maybe I hang out with the right people? But I know the majority of people and not one of them would I put in that kind of category...

I think you need to start by changing your perceptions of:
a) There are no guys like that
b) I need to wait until a guy initiates it

Both perceptions, a and b, **** me off big time :colonhash:
Magnum Opus
Out of all the people I know at university, not one of the wants to simply "have fun" (ie sleep around). Maybe I hang out with the right people? But I know the majority of people and not one of them would I put in that kind of category...

I think you need to start by changing your perceptions of:
a) There are no guys like that
b) I need to wait until a guy initiates it

Both perceptions, a and b, **** me off big time :colonhash:

i never said no guy is like that, i said many want to have a good time. and a lot already have partners, but it doesn't stop them from cheating.

the guy doesn't have to initiate it i know a few girls who ask guys out. but we get used to the guy asking the girl out. and girls aren't mind readers males are complicated and give mixed signals.

some still think if i'm cruel to her then she'll like me more :mad: that pisses girls off. if you like someone just ask and females aren't as cruel to males when it comes to rejection, their not exactly subtle :frown:
Indieboohoo
i never said no guy is like that, i said many want to have a good time. and a lot already have partners, but it doesn't stop them from cheating.

No, of course it doesn't. But, guys can have a good time other than sleeping around... I don't understand why you seem to have such a negative view on this. It doesn't stop them from cheating, but boy, they'd be utter tossers if they did, and why the **** would you want to be with them in the first place? I just think you need to hang around the right people... I doubt going to nightclubs or anything will help you find what you're after, for example. Try other, quieter places, where you can initiate conversation, ask to go for a drink, and build up from there. It's not hard - once you make a bit of effort, then I'd be surprised if it didn't come naturally from there :smile:

the guy doesn't have to initiate it i know a few girls who ask guys out. but we get used to the guy asking the girl out. and girls aren't mind readers males are complicated and give mixed signals.

Well **** what we used to do, we don't live in the Victorian era anymore do we? :p:
Girls' signals are just as complicated to guys as guys' are to girls! Whatever you feel and/or face, we also feel and/or face too. We are human, even if that may not sometimes appear to be so :p:

some still think if i'm cruel to her then she'll like me more :mad: that pisses girls off. if you like someone just ask and females aren't as cruel to males when it comes to rejection, their not exactly subtle :frown:

Yes some still think that, but when you say some, that is probably about 1%. It might even be that you like them, but they have no clue, and so you perceive them as being cruel but in reality, they have no idea whatsoever! If a guy likes you then yes, they should tell you; but there is absolutely no reason for it not to be the same vice versa - heck, if it was, your life would be much easier... perhaps try it... :smile:
It's all I want...
Daamn.
Magnum Opus
No, of course it doesn't. But, guys can have a good time other than sleeping around... I don't understand why you seem to have such a negative view on this. It doesn't stop them from cheating, but boy, they'd be utter tossers if they did, and why the **** would you want to be with them in the first place? I just think you need to hang around the right people... I doubt going to nightclubs or anything will help you find what you're after, for example. Try other, quieter places, where you can initiate conversation, ask to go for a drink, and build up from there. It's not hard - once you make a bit of effort, then I'd be surprised if it didn't come naturally from there :smile:

Well **** what we used to do, we don't live in the Victorian era anymore do we? :p:Girls' signals are just as complicated to guys as guys' are to girls! Whatever you feel and/or face, we also feel and/or face too. We are human, even if that may not sometimes appear to be so :p:

Yes some still think that, but when you say some, that is probably about 1%. It might even be that you like them, but they have no clue, and so you perceive them as being cruel but in reality, they have no idea whatsoever! If a guy likes you then yes, they should tell you; but there is absolutely no reason for it not to be the same vice versa - heck, if it was, your life would be much easier... perhaps try it... :smile:

i knew you were going to say something like that :p: but i don't see all females in the workplace being paid equally as men in certain jobs.

There's a lot of males who are visual beings and unless your attractive your not given the time of day :rolleyes: unless they see you speaking to someone else their friends with or fancy one of your friends then they notice your existance. :confused:

females are more likely to want to know a guy and get to know him, and i know there are males who are like that but compared to females it's small.

teenage boys are so desperate to lose their virginity because they don't want to feel like the odd one out :rolleyes: they will even go to a prostitue to lose it.

teenage girls care about the more romance and affection side of it, not just the sex they get out of a relationship. :o:
Tis overrated.
Indieboohoo
i knew you were going to say something like that :p: but i don't see all females in the workplace being paid equally as men in certain jobs.

No you don't, and I don't agree with that, and I doubt many people do! :p:
That's another discussion though :h:

There's a lot of males who are visual beings and unless your attractive your not given the time of day :rolleyes: unless they see you speaking to someone else their friends with or fancy one of your friends then they notice your existance. :confused:

Haha, that's not true :p:
We do notice, but we don't necessarily have a reason to talk to you? Same thing goes for girls (funnily enough :p:); simply because you see someone, it doesn't mean you are going/have to talk to them. If you want to talk to them, then why not start a conversation? :smile:

females are more likely to want to know a guy and get to know him, and i know there are males who are like that but compared to females it's small.

Maybe, we all long for friendship and relationships :smile:

teenage boys are so desperate to lose their virginity because they don't want to feel like the odd one out :rolleyes: they will even go to a prostitue to lose it.

Stereotyping much? :p:
I don't think they are desperate, I don't see why it matters in any way. I think this is the type of perception that comes from "The Inbetweeners" for example; it's not really true.

teenage girls care about the more romance and affection side of it, not just the sex they get out of a relationship. :o:

And so do us guys, I mean, look at the conversation we've had in this thread :p:
That's not a result of me desiring sex and only sex... and there are a whole lot of guys who say exactly the same thing as me time and time again in H&R. People are more open about feelings online because they can hide behind the internet, plenty of guys (the majority) will agree with everything I've said here, they just don't necessarily want to/have to show it :colondollar:
Reply 29
Magnum Opus
Oh jeez, get over yourselves. There are plenty of guys like that, far far more than there are the type to use you for one night and that's it. Comments like this reflect more the fact you can't be bothered to find them yourself rather than there not being any.

I agree with that.

I think some women say they want a man like that, but then actually find themselves attracted to men who really aren't like that.

To women who are complaining about not being able to find men who want more than a bit of fun, give this a try. Next time a man catches your attention in a club or a pub or whatever, ignore him and go and chat to the guy nearest to him. At the very least you'll get to meet a wider variety of people.
Yeah, why not
Reply 31
Magnum Opus

I don't think they are desperate, I don't see why it matters in any way. I think this is the type of perception that comes from "The Inbetweeners" for example; it's not really true.

For some people making a big deal about losing your virginity is just a facade for a deeper desire for companionship. That's what it was for me anyway.
Psyk
For some people making a big deal about losing your virginity is just a facade for a deeper desire for companionship. That's what it was for me anyway.

Yeah, I would certainly agree with that too. It's usually an outward expression of loneliness and desire for that companionship :smile:
Reply 33
Without Love, life is empty. Sex is fine and fun and dissolving your intellect in a chosen area is great but at the end of everything there is Love or Hate. Black or White. Paint your life all the shades of grey you want to, eventually you must choose. Black or White. Hate or Love. Bad or Good. Sad or Happy. God is Good. God is Love. God is Happiness and Joy, white... The Light and the way. One day you may all recognise this. I Pray That You Do.:smile:
Reply 34
Choose Christian Love or a Faith that does not contradict Christian belief, such as Islam. All Muslims, Saracens of all Faith will be put to the Sword along with infidels.
Magnum Opus
No you don't, and I don't agree with that, and I doubt many people do! :p:
That's another discussion though :h:

Haha, that's not true :p:
We do notice, but we don't necessarily have a reason to talk to you? Same thing goes for girls (funnily enough :p:); simply because you see someone, it doesn't mean you are going/have to talk to them. If you want to talk to them, then why not start a conversation? :smile:

Maybe, we all long for friendship and relationships :smile:

And so do us guys, I mean, look at the conversation we've had in this thread :p:
That's not a result of me desiring sex and only sex... and there are a whole lot of guys who say exactly the same thing as me time and time again in H&R. People are more open about feelings online because they can hide behind the internet, plenty of guys (the majority) will agree with everything I've said here, they just don't necessarily want to/have to show it :colondollar:

i just like arguing with you :yep: :o: i wouldn't expect you to talk about sex anyway unless we were on a forum about sex :p:
why do guys feel that they can be different online than in real life. :confused:
Indieboohoo
i just like arguing with you :yep: :o: i wouldn't expect you to talk about sex anyway unless we were on a forum about sex :p:
why do guys feel that they can be different online than in real life. :confused:

It's not just guys, the same kind of thing applies to most people in general. I suppose we all just feel we can talk about things like this openly behind some kind of anonymity :dontknow: :o:
Reply 37
Why everyone says sex (fun) OR love? Can't you have both? The best sex is sex in the relationship (given you are with the right/compatibile person) when you can do whatever you want and not be afraid of what she says, when she knows how to push your buttons etc.
I'm interested in love. Althought it is only the love I feel for that one perfect girl.

People sometimes are too embarassed to confess about their feelings for love and so that might be why some girls struggle to find them guys.
Magnum Opus

Pfffttt :colonhash:

Latest

Trending

Trending