The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have a shower once a day (twice if I go to the gym), use conditioner on my hair every day, and use shampoo about every 3 days.
Reply 21
I usually shower everyday and wash my hair every day but I miss a day occasionally if I'm feeling lazy.
It really annoys me when people say you shouldn't wash your hair every day "because its bad for it", what bull crap. Different hair types require different washing frequencies, if you have oily hair you should wash it every day, skipping a day isn't going to magically make it less greasy.
Shower every day, wash hair every other day..
I don't need a shower cap as my shower in the new house is too short for me!! So it only comes to my shoulers & have to bend to wash my hair :o:
Reply 23
Showering twice a day is really unnecessary. What's the point? Do it either in the morning before your day, or in the evening to save time in the morning.
I shower once a day.
charli159
Hello,

How often do you have a bath or a shower? As my flatmate has a shower every 2-3 days and i am just wondering if i am the only girl who has a shower and washes my hair everyday?

She doesnt smell or anything but I literally HAVE to have a shower everyday else i feel grubby and my hair gets real greasy. What about u?

* Just realised mistake HOW often do you lol

wait a min she is female:eek: that is really nasty when she is in her period does she shower? oh lord that is...i shower everyday i feels dirty if i don't.
Reply 25
Shower everyday and wash my hair when it feels dirty. :dontknow:
Every single day;
in fact I'm off to have one now :biggrin:
Reply 27
It would feel wrong to not shower every day. Don't wash my hair every day though, way too much hassle drying it etc.
my last bath was 3 months ago

but i dohave dreds
Reply 29
I shower pretty much everyday- with the exception now and again if i have a bath the night before.
I used to be obsessed with showering/having a bath atleast twice a day, but i soon realised i was being ridiculous.

I only wash my hair every other day or 2-3 days though, if im not washing it, i just don't get it wet.
Reply 30
Eww lol!
Reply 31
BrightGirl
I have a shower once a day (twice if I go to the gym), use conditioner on my hair every day, and use shampoo about every 3 days.

So you get your hair wet and put conditioner on it but no shampoo? Doesnt that make it greasy?
charli159
So you get your hair wet and put conditioner on it but no shampoo? Doesnt that make it greasy?

Not at all, I have quite curly hair so it needs loads of moisture to stop it being too dry.
Reply 33
shower every day, wash my hair every other day. if u wash yr hair too much it gets greasy more quickly, which is why i dnt wash it every day :smile:
Reply 34
kamc
I usually shower everyday and wash my hair every day but I miss a day occasionally if I'm feeling lazy.
It really annoys me when people say you shouldn't wash your hair every day "because its bad for it", what bull crap. Different hair types require different washing frequencies, if you have oily hair you should wash it every day, skipping a day isn't going to magically make it less greasy.

I am so glad you said that...People keep saying to me "oh if you wash your hair everyday you wll strip its natural oils" but if I dont wash it everyday it looks so greasy and I feel dirty! (unless having a lazy day lol)

I used to skip a day washing my hair and it did not make it any less greasier...it didnt change it at all...in fact I used to tie it into a bun on my head to wash my body and the humidity from the shower used to make it worse! Thanks :-)
shower every day
Reply 36
BrightGirl
Not at all, I have quite curly hair so it needs loads of moisture to stop it being too dry.

Ohh your lucky...if i did that my hair would look so vile!
Every morning without fail.
Reply 38
amberrr
shower every day, wash my hair every other day. if u wash yr hair too much it gets greasy more quickly, which is why i dnt wash it every day :smile:

I used to skip a day when I was at school and it was still greasy regardless so not sure if this is true??
Reply 39
chronic_fatigue
wait a min she is female:eek: that is really nasty when she is in her period does she shower? oh lord that is...i shower everyday i feels dirty if i don't.

Obviously not...she just showers every few nights.

Latest