The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I did a statistical analysis of two Rubik's Cube Speedsolving methods.
Original post by HyperInSugar
Mine is in Historia (History in Spanish):

¿Que significado tuvo el Asedio del Alcazar de Toledo para ambos bandos en la Guerra Civil Española?

which can be translated into the following:

How significant was the Siege of the Alcazar to both sides during the Spanish Civil War?

So far it has only come out in another EE and that was in the 1980s...so yes, it's a nice topic to research and to work in.

Not so sure about this statement...but that is a very fruitful topic, indeed!
Original post by Madman59770
So I have my EE in Spanish(wanted psych but oh well), and my research question is:

El Flamenco:
Su influencia fuera del círculo de países hispanohablantes

¿Cómo ha influido el flamenco en los gustos artísticos de los otros países del mundo?

Flamenco:
Its Influence Outside of Spanish-Speaking Countries

How has flamenco influenced the artistic tastes of the other countries of the world?

So how does that research question sound? Anyone proficient in spanish is free to tell me if my wording of it was weird :smile:

De los demás paises del mundo sounds better to me :smile:

Very interesting the topic of the Civil War btw! Would love to read that :tongue:

My last essay was about the use of the Hijab (the muslim veil) :smile:
Mine is: To what extent are the topics of IB extended essays losing originality?
Original post by The Man of the Hour
Not so sure about this statement...but that is a very fruitful topic, indeed!

Dunno if it's true or not, but according to my teacher that topic has hardly come out in any EE since the 1980s, so that's why I made such an statement. And glad you liked it; so far, it has been a really interesting topic as I actually enjoy doing my research for it.
Original post by heymanbarca
Mine is: To what extent are the topics of IB extended essays losing originality?

I wish I could give you rep for this comment.
Original post by The Man of the Hour
I wish I could give you rep for this comment.

Hahahaha, yeah man!
Hi there, I'm an IB junior in the process of working out my EE. I chose group 1 English as my topic and was originally going to do "The significance of silence in Maxine Hong Kingston's The Woman Warrior and Pang-Mei Chang's Bound Feet Western Dress". My advisor recommended these two novels to me since they wouldn't be as well known to the graders and all that, but because Chang's novel is so little-known I was unable to find any journals/articles with adequate info for it. So now I'm thinking about changing my topic to something like "a study of language/communication barriers in The Woman Warrior and Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club" but IB's EE guidelines state that Group 1 topics on culture, language, and society are currently not accepted. Would this topic be violating the guidelines, or is it fine? I really need to know!!! My Notecards are already due Friday! (yes I am a procrastinator lol...)

Help and advice would be much appreciated!!! :smile:
Reply 2008
Original post by silltilly
That's really cool. I actually very nearly did mine on game theory. I was afraid that I wouldn't understand it well enough to explain it to someone who would probably know it better than me. That's why I chose to do mine in Vedic Mathematics. I thought that the examiner might not know very much about it, so they might have thought I was being brave and original. Well, I can but hope.

Anyways yours sounds interesting, it would be cool to read each others'.

@sillytilly
could u send me yours please...
i really want to go through an extended essay in maths and yours sounds very interesting as i love economics as well....
it seems an excellent topic

thanks a lot:smile:
Original post by Tom Pasp
My topic is in English A2 it is :
How does the vision of evil changes in fictional works between the 19th and the 20th century?
question:do you think it is addequate for an A2 student or should I do it in French A1? And do you tink I should make it more narrow?

Far too broad in terms of theme, periods, and novels. You would write a horrible essay with that thesis.
Please help!! im trying to do my EE on biology but dont have a solid narrow topic yet!! please help..
PS im thinking about doing it on the cardiovascular system...
Reply 2011
I'm starting the IB this August, but I already have an idea about what im gonna do:
Music:- A study on the techniques used by Camille Saint Saens to create the animals in his album - "Les Carnival Des Animaux" and the influence they've had on composers of more modern works like Tom and Jerry and Mickey Mouse.

The influence part will be added only if i cant get enough on the main technique bit.

What do you guys think? Does it work?
Reply 2012
Hey Guys!
I am going into IB DP2! Woot 9 months till this is over!
I am doing an economics EE:
RQ= Effect of Reinvestment and Recovery act on US Economic growth
Reply 2013
i have a question to do with the EE
i have heard from many that 4000 words is how much one HAS TO WIRTE. and from some i have heard that 4000 words is the limit and u can choose to write exactly 4000 or wirte less... which is true? i know that u cant write MORE than 4000, but for a topic in history , do i have to WRITE EXACLTY 4000 words or can it be a 2000-3000 worded essay?

thankss
Reply 2014
Original post by anchal12
i have a question to do with the EE
i have heard from many that 4000 words is how much one HAS TO WIRTE. and from some i have heard that 4000 words is the limit and u can choose to write exactly 4000 or wirte less... which is true? i know that u cant write MORE than 4000, but for a topic in history , do i have to WRITE EXACLTY 4000 words or can it be a 2000-3000 worded essay?

thankss

Hi
It has to be as close as possible to 4000 words. My IBC said 3950-4000 is a good word limit to write
Reply 2015
Original post by apple17
Hi
It has to be as close as possible to 4000 words. My IBC said 3950-4000 is a good word limit to write

LOL haha wow, and for some reason i had hopes that i cud get away with writing 3000 words lol thanks anyway for the heads up :smile:
The title of mine is "How have attitudes towards HIV and AIDS changed throughout the last three decades in the West?".

It's under Psychology...because of attitudes.
Reply 2017
Original post by apple17
Hi

I was told that for my subject (Mathematics), even 3000 was an accepted wordcount, though I needed 3997 for my topic, easily. So, I'd say if you are NOT making use of the full word count, you are missing something / could definititely add something more.
Reply 2018
My title is: 'The environment in 'Heart of Darkness' and its effect on the characters' mental states.

Right now I'm just re-reading through the whole book and taking down notes that I might expand on when writing the actual essay. To be honest, I didn't enjoy the book as much as some people did the first time around, but the second time around is actually very enjoyable, and I notice a lot of things I didn't before which really make all the difference. If anyone has any suggestions for me, please, throw them at my face. I'm beginning to wonder recently if it's not too cliche for a topic anyway...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2019
I'd like to do something about Gothic Culture, but i dun reli know what to do about the title....im SERIOUSLY stuck, and i need to hand in my plan by the end of the hoolidays...ANY SUGGESTIONS?? im in 10th grade and already they expect us to do summat about the E.E. :frown:

Latest