The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Primary PGCE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by lionnotamouse
Well done!! That really is exciting :smile: How long did it take to change from conditional to unconditional? I've sent all my forms off, just waiting to get everything back now. I'm doing early years PGCE too.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!! xx

Well the CRB takes a few weeks, cant remember exactly. But my copy only arrived on friday morning! And I know that the health form took less than CRB because i sent off CRB form at same time as payment for the health thing. Then they had to send me my unique number to flll in the health questionnaire online and obviously that had all gone through because they offer changed on same day as my CRB came through! Friday night definately seems to be the GTTR night for Brookes!
Ah cool we'll be on same course then! :smile: Where abouts do you live?
xxx
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 161
Yay! I got an offer! So happy. Accepted and now to wait for CRB info etc. :-)
Reply 162
Original post by ellebee
Yay! I got an offer! So happy. Accepted and now to wait for CRB info etc. :-)

Congratulations! :smile::smile:
Original post by jmlm2212

Well the CRB takes a few weeks, cant remember exactly. But my copy only arrived on friday morning! And I know that the health form took less than CRB because i sent off CRB form at same time as payment for the health thing. Then they had to send me my unique number to flll in the health questionnaire online and obviously that had all gone through because they offer changed on same day as my CRB came through! Friday night definately seems to be the GTTR night for Brookes!
Ah cool we'll be on same course then! :smile: Where abouts do you live?
xxx

Oh I see, thanks. I'm living in South Wales at the minute but going to move up to Oxford end of summer. How about you? yipee. I remember in the interview they said there were only 60 places for Early Years! I'm so excited! xx
Oh happy days... just been notified that I have a conditional offer for the 5-11 Primary PGCE!!! Only had my interview on the 9th Feb! Was anyone else in teh afternoon session??
Original post by ClarePrettyMuch

Original post by ClarePrettyMuch
Anyone had their interview on the 9th feb or later? I know it's too early to hear yet, but I'm just worried about the course now being full. I guess really it means they won't accept any more applications because they know they have loads of people to fill any places left. Still, curious though! I went for early years, if I don't get on I don't know what I'll do, mostly cry!

Yep I did.. in the afternoon.. I have just heard today I got in... how about you?
Reply 166
Wahoo I got an offer too! Very exciting! Just need to work out now how I can afford a year off work without the 4k bursary.......! I'm sure I'll work something out! Hehe!
Nothing for me yet! Maybe I'll hear tomorrow. But you're 5-11 where as I'm 3-7 so they may have only done 5-11 places tonight for people on the 9th.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 168
Oh I see, thanks. I'm living in South Wales at the minute but going to move up to Oxford end of summer. How about you? yipee. I remember in the interview they said there were only 60 places for Early Years! I'm so excited! xx

Oh thats cool! I live in Swindon so its about a 50 minute drive to Oxford so I'm going to be commuting as can't really afford to rent, and its a easy drive so that'll be fine. Yeah early years doesn't seem to be quite as popular, so glad that we've got a place though! :biggrin: What are you doing at the minute? Are you at Uni or working?
xxx

Oh thats cool! I live in Swindon so its about a 50 minute drive to Oxford so I'm going to be commuting as can't really afford to rent, and its a easy drive so that'll be fine. Yeah early years doesn't seem to be quite as popular, so glad that we've got a place though! :biggrin: What are you doing at the minute? Are you at Uni or working?
xxx

I'm glad too hehe oh that's lucky, I have no idea how I'm going to afford the next year!!

I graduated 3 years ago, been working as an L.S.A. to blind & partially sighted children in mainstream schools for past two years. How about you? xx
Reply 170
xxx

Im moving to Swindon in the next month or 2 so will be commuting from there too :smile:
Reply 171
I'm glad too hehe oh that's lucky, I have no idea how I'm going to afford the next year!!

I graduated 3 years ago, been working as an L.S.A. to blind & partially sighted children in mainstream schools for past two years. How about you? xx

I graduated in 2009, and am a teaching assistant at the minute with a year 4 class, which is great fun! Had a gap year last year, did some travelling,but didnt get on a PGCE for this year, so am currently on second gap year that i didn't really want lol, so relieved to be on a course this year!!!! xxx
Reply 172
Original post by chopster
Im moving to Swindon in the next month or 2 so will be commuting from there too :smile:

Oh wow!! Perhaps we could look into sharing lifts into oxford or something if you fancied it? Do you know where in swindon you will be living? :smile: x

I graduated in 2009, and am a teaching assistant at the minute with a year 4 class, which is great fun! Had a gap year last year, did some travelling,but didnt get on a PGCE for this year, so am currently on second gap year that i didn't really want lol, so relieved to be on a course this year!!!! xxx

The first year I took out to get some experience, applied last year but didn't get in so I know how it feels and I am also very happy to have got in this year!!

In other good news, just got an email from Oxford saying they have funding to put on the BA and PGCE courses, so welcoming me to the course! (aslong as my crb and health check comes back ok) Hurrah! It's all so very exciting, isn't it??? xx
Reply 174
The first year I took out to get some experience, applied last year but didn't get in so I know how it feels and I am also very happy to have got in this year!!

In other good news, just got an email from Oxford saying they have funding to put on the BA and PGCE courses, so welcoming me to the course! (aslong as my crb and health check comes back ok) Hurrah! It's all so very exciting, isn't it??? xx

Yeh i got that too, very exciting! Tho am a bit depressed as just rang Student finance to see whats available lol. I was hoping to get some income assessed grant as i've moved out of my parents house and living with my boyfriend at his parent's, and they are both retired so have basically no income, but it would appear that my parents income still is what they judge, until you are over 25!! So can't get any of the grant :frown:

Ah, did you apply to Brookes last year or somewhere else?
xxxx
Reply 175
Oh wow!! Perhaps we could look into sharing lifts into oxford or something if you fancied it? Do you know where in swindon you will be living? :smile: x

That sounds like a great idea! Will help us both with travel costs which I know will desperately help me!

We've brought a new build up on Thamesdown Drive - what about you?

Yeh i got that too, very exciting! Tho am a bit depressed as just rang Student finance to see whats available lol. I was hoping to get some income assessed grant as i've moved out of my parents house and living with my boyfriend at his parent's, and they are both retired so have basically no income, but it would appear that my parents income still is what they judge, until you are over 25!! So can't get any of the grant :frown:

Ah, did you apply to Brookes last year or somewhere else?
xxxx

Oh no, that'll be the same for me then. Moved in with my boyfriend, but I'll be 24 when I start the course!

I applied to Cardiff last year, had an interview but got rejected, applied to Brookes second choice but decided not to go to the interview, wasn't ready to move away again (went to brunel uni in middlesex for undergrad degree) but this year I am totally ready!! lol xx
Reply 177
Oh no, that'll be the same for me then. Moved in with my boyfriend, but I'll be 24 when I start the course!

I applied to Cardiff last year, had an interview but got rejected, applied to Brookes second choice but decided not to go to the interview, wasn't ready to move away again (went to brunel uni in middlesex for undergrad degree) but this year I am totally ready!! lol xx

Ah bummer, its so annoying isn't it!!
I applied to UEA last year and didn't get in, but by time they got back to me, everywhere else was full so didn't have any more options last year! But yay its all sorted now!
xxx
Reply 178
Hi has anyone had health check? Is it just a questionnaire or do we actually have a physical? Thanks
Reply 179
Original post by MaireadM
Congratulations! :smile::smile:

Thank you!

Where in High Wycombe are you located?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending