The Student Room Group

Applying to uni refrences

Hello Student Room

I have unfortunatly been kicked out college but i still wish to go to universaty. I completed the first year of my corse before i got kicked out of college and got an award. i am aware that i can get into a few unis with the points i got off that corse. I have gone through all the steps to submitting my ucas such as my education and personal statment but i am aware that i will need refrences from a school or college or somthing how do i get these if i have been kicked out governing the college will probably refuse to give me a refrence. If i get a refrence off my manager how would i send it to the unis? bit baffaled by all this.

Thanks,
-Dan
Reply 1
Danawar
Hello Student Room

I have unfortunatly been kicked out college but i still wish to go to universaty. I completed the first year of my corse before i got kicked out of college and got an award. i am aware that i can get into a few unis with the points i got off that corse. I have gone through all the steps to submitting my ucas such as my education and personal statment but i am aware that i will need refrences from a school or college or somthing how do i get these if i have been kicked out governing the college will probably refuse to give me a refrence. If i get a refrence off my manager how would i send it to the unis? bit baffaled by all this.

Thanks,
-Dan
I think it rather depends on why you got kicked out of college. You will need a reference and it ought to be an academic one. If the college can't or won't provide that, then your employer would have to do, but he's not exactly going to be able to say anything about your academic abilities, is he?

If you are applying independently you add the reference yourself, but you must also provide the contact details for your referee as the unis will check that what was submitted is what your referee wrote.

Latest

Trending

Trending