The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Get over yourself.

Outside the top 5 and the bottom 5, all unis are pretty much the same in terms of prestige.

There is no way Kings is miles ahead of the likes of Durham, York and Exeter in any shape or form.
Reply 301
See sig
league tables smeague tables, go where you like, not just because it's a good uni...
If you want to be comforted, why don't you stop being a cheapskate and cough of the subscription fee?
just use the independent complete uni guide one instead?
Why do you care? You're going to a good university, be thankful for that. :rolleyes:
ranbow99
Why do you care? You're going to a good university, be thankful for that. :rolleyes:

i know i know :biggrin:

but students look at this to decide where to go...i think its misleading
metallica nutter
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2010/jun/04/university-league-table

now that the times university league table has become less accessible since they have started charging to use their website...people seem to be referencing the guardian one quite alot...but imho the list is not very reliable

im going to kcl in september which is one of the top 25 universities in the world, however the following universities are above it: lancaster, york, leicester, exeter, sussex, durham, uea, surrey,city

i doubt very much if a student was offered a place kcl they would turn it down to go to one of these lesser unis

they also have good unis very low down in the league ie nottingham 21st birmingham 30th bristol in 33rd leeds 35th newcastle 37th manchester 51st (kings 25th) :confused:

reputation > league table

How did I guess this was going to be a thread about KCL?

Get over it, bro, it's hardly Oxbridge.
GodspeedGehenna
How did I guess this was going to be a thread about KCL?

Get over it, bro, it's hardly Oxbridge.

its better than royal holloway mate (41st according to the guardian) :lol:
metallica nutter
its better than royal holloway mate (41st according to the gurdian) :lol:

Ah, so predictable.

I'm not the one cramming my university down peoples' throats. This is like the 6th thread you've made about KCL.

Besides, it's hardly difficult to get into KCL for Biochem. What do they ask for, ABB? That's not really spectacular enough to go around making loads of threads about it.

It's kind of sad that you've actually gone and looked up the Rhul ranking there, bro.
Reply 310
metallica nutter
its better than royal holloway mate (41st according to the guardian) :lol:

Wait, I thought you were trying to discredit the Guardian, now you're using it to back your arguments...
Reply 311
I think this ones pretty accurate; of course Plymouth should be a lot higher than 61st, i'm talking like at least top 10 but you can't have everything can you :p:
http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/stug/universityguide.php
Reply 312
Plus: All these threads you're making lately show me that you are very insecure about King's and you seek validation from the rest of us... i.e. you're not convinced that it is a good uni, otherwise you wouldn't have made like 10 threads about it...
Reply 313
For better or worse, people do use league tables to make choices. It's worrying that people are now going to use the Guardian's one.
orca92
I think this ones pretty accurate; of course Plymouth should be a lot higher than 61st, i'm talking like at least top 10 but you can't have everything can you :p:
http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/stug/universityguide.php

yep its better, but kings is definitely better than warwick durham york bath and southampton :o:
Yes it's all BS, who actualy gives a **** about the guardian league table
Reply 316
according to the independent, ucl isnt in the top ten uni's for medicine... but in the guardian rankings it like 4th, above imperial? these tables don't seem very reliable :s
metallica nutter
yep its better, but kings is definitely better than warwick durham york bath and southampton :o:

I think you're getting a bit too excited, KINGS isn't that good.....I think you just like the name
Reply 318
metallica nutter

No, you've tried that one before and we have all shot your argument down...
I did a science subject at KCL, and dropped out after a term. :wink:

Seriously, it's not an amazing uni. I think it's one of those unis that people say 'oooh' to when you tell them, only because it's in london and has the word 'Kings' in it and has a fancy logo and nice buildings.

Its got an overinflated reputation that exaggerates the reality: a good uni, much like any in the top 40. Deflate your head and stop making assertions you know nothing about.

(If you want me to go into detail about what I didn't like about the course/uni I will.)

Latest

Trending

Trending