The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh dear, here we go again.
(In no particular order)
imho - Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, LSE,UCL, Durham, Warwick, Exeter, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol, St Andrews, Edinburgh,KCL, Nottingham, Sheffield, York, QMUL,Bath, Southampton

Varies hugely depending on course :tongue:

My bad I listed 21, changed now :tongue: (sorry Leeds, but tbh there are a lot of unis that could have fitted into the last 5 e.g. Cardiff, Newcastle etc)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3282
I see heated debates occurring on this thread.
I don't know exactly, but it would probably look something like this, not in any particular order...

Oxford
Cambridge
St. Andrews
Edinburgh
York
Lancaster
UCL
Warwick
Nottingham
Bath
Manchester
Sheffield
UEA
Bristol
Southampton
Durham
Aberystwyth
Newcastle
Kent
Exeter

obviously it depends on the course you look at, but I would say these have the best reputation as far as I am aware, particularly the first few.
Reply 3284
Original post by WanderlustCam
I don't know exactly, but it would probably look something like this, not in any particular order...

Oxford
Cambridge
St. Andrews
Edinburgh
York
Lancaster
UCL
Warwick
Nottingham
Bath
Manchester
Sheffield
UEA
Bristol
Southampton
Durham
Aberystwyth
Newcastle
Kent
Exeter

obviously it depends on the course you look at, but I would say these have the best reputation as far as I am aware, particularly the first few.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Reply 3285

Oxford
Cambridge
St. Andrews
Edinburgh
York
Lancaster
UCL
Warwick
Nottingham
Bath
Manchester
Sheffield
UEA
Bristol
Southampton
Durham
Aberystwyth
Newcastle
Kent
Exeter

If I'd have known Aberystwyth had pretty much the same reputation as Durham, I'd be applying there with their easier standard offer rather than Durham's extremely hard one. Good tip, thanks!
On a serious note I don't quite think Aberystwyth is on a level with Durham and Newcastle.
(edited 10 years ago)
Kent kinda sucks, Oxford and Cambridge sound great, but aren't actually that exciting when you really look at them (dry as dust), and Bath had such a slow admissions team this year, it took them 2 months just to check that they accepted my qualification!! lol

Now Sussex... :smile:
As long as Southampton is on the list, don't care about the rest :wink:
In no particular order;

Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, LSE, IC, Warwick, Bath, Durham, Bristol, St. Andrews.. actually I can't be bothered with the other 10, but that's my top 10 :biggrin:

Oxford
Cambridge
St. Andrews
Edinburgh
York
Lancaster
UCL
Warwick
Nottingham
Bath
Manchester
Sheffield
UEA
Bristol
Southampton
Durham
Aberystwyth
Newcastle
Kent
Exeter

LSE? I know it's a bit of a back street university and all.. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3290
Original post by Hunarench95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just a college innit? Needs dat dench separation upgrade hype like Imperial innit.
(edited 10 years ago)
Uea uea uea uea uea uea uea uea uea uea uea uea uea
Original post by Hunarench95

Posted from TSR Mobile

He also missed Imperial. :>
Oxford
Cambridge
St. Andrews
Edinburgh
York
UCL
Warwick
Nottingham
Exeter
Bath
Imperial
LSE
Manchester
Sheffield
Bristol
Southampton
Durham
King's
Birmingham

Pretty much it :smile:

EDIT: We could probably include Leeds there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by GinaLaMalfaisant
Oxford
Cambridge
St. Andrews
Edinburgh
York
UCL
Warwick
Nottingham
Exeter
Bath
Imperial
LSE
Manchester
Sheffield
Bristol
Southampton
Durham
King's
Birmingham

Pretty much it :smile:

EDIT: We could probably include Leeds there.

Looks good, but to play devils advocate, surely it depends on what you want to study, how much prestige you place on a university. For example, if you wanted to study history of art the courtaulds institute has got to be up there. Or if you wanted to act, BCU would be there for it's acting school and Essex for East 15 or MMU for the quality of it's acting degree.
Reply 3295
How many of these threads must be created..... It always ends up with one dude saying something so out of the blue, everyone yaps at him.

Its too subjective as it depends on the industry the student wants to enter
Original post by smile:D
(In no particular order)
imho - Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, LSE,UCL, Durham, Warwick, Exeter, Birminham, Manchester, Bristol, St Andrews, Edinburgh,KCL, Nottingham, Sheffield, York, QMUL, Leeds, Cardiff

Varies hugely depending on course :tongue:

Which ones are best for biomedicine from your opinion?
Original post by Mindspanking
Looks good, but to play devils advocate, surely it depends on what you want to study, how much prestige you place on a university. For example, if you wanted to study history of art the courtaulds institute has got to be up there. Or if you wanted to act, BCU would be there for it's acting school and Essex for East 15 or MMU for the quality of it's acting degree.

Yeah that's true. I was just talking about the universities in general. It still is important to take into account that within each university, there are some excellent departments as well as some less good departments, and this even within the RG unis. So yeah, it definitely depends on the subject that you want to study.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3298
This is so subjective and I imagine there are many lists we could come up with, each having their merits and weaknesses.

Personally I would go with, in no particular order:
Cambridge
Oxford
Durham
St Andrews
UCL
Imperial
LSE
Warwick
Bath
York
Exeter
Bristol
Kings
Edinburgh
Lancaster
UEA
Newcastle
Surrey
Leicester
and either Nottingham or Manchester...
Original post by Ben Kenobi
Which ones are best for biomedicine from your opinion?

I would say Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, Edinburgh, UCL, Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Newcastle (I know not on the list) and Sheffield.

Latest

Trending

Trending