The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1
I've applied for environmental geoscience starting 2010, is there opportunities to study abroad for years 2 or 3?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Eyes
If you are applying for Geography, can you take Geology as another subject in the first year?

Yes. You can do both
Reply 3
Eyes
What other related subjects can you take, Geoscience? Anything else?

You mean subjects related to Geography?

I know a lot of people taking Geoscience, Social Anthropology and Sustainable Development alongside Geography this year (it's what I'm doing too). If you like the physical side more you can take chemistry or even biology; if you prefer human geog then social anth. has a good overlap. Probably the best thing to do if you're unsure is to visit the subject fair/talks during freshers and see if anything takes your fancy.

You don't have to take something directly related to geog though; you could take film studies or art history if the timetable works out. The good thing about the module system is that you don't have to limit yourself.
Reply 4
Eyes
If you don't mind me asking, what grades/qualifications did you have and what was your offer?

No problem. I had 5 As at higher and AB at advanced higher, and my offer was unconditional.

Latest

Trending

Trending