The Student Room Group

i got a welcome letter b4 the ucas letter :S

hey

the situation: well i sent my ucas app. 2 days after the openline. but my teacher didnt send it off till sometime late last week. i got a letter this welcome letter from greenwich this morning. which is sort of wierd because i havnt got a ucas letter, theres a track system 4 greenwich but i cant seem to get into it
baffed
advice plz on greenwich track and other stuff plz....
What?
I assume, that you're saying you've recieved an acknowledgement letter from Greenwich?

I'm not entirely sure, but I wouldn't have thought Greenwich have their own Track system. If Track is mentioned in their acknowledgement letter, it'll be in reference to UCAS Track.
I've reciveved acknowledgements before my UCAS Welcome Letter came, as this comes through the post and the acknowledgements by email. To get into UCAS Track, you'll need a 'Personal ID' and the same username and password you used in Apply. The personal ID will likely to be the same as in Apply, but it may change. The ID number will be on your UCAS Welcome Letter.
Reply 3
ParadigmShift
What?

what didnt u get?
Reply 4
Track should work as soon as your application has been sent to the universities, thus you can log into ucas track.

I've no idea about Greenwich track though.
Reply 5
Champagne Supernova
I assume, that you're saying you've recieved an acknowledgement letter from Greenwich?

I'm not entirely sure, but I wouldn't have thought Greenwich have their own Track system. If Track is mentioned in their acknowledgement letter, it'll be in reference to UCAS Track.
I've reciveved acknowledgements before my UCAS Welcome Letter came, as this comes through the post and the acknowledgements by email. To get into UCAS Track, you'll need a 'Personal ID' and the same username and password you used in Apply. The personal ID will likely to be the same as in Apply, but it may change. The ID number will be on your UCAS Welcome Letter.

im sure they do have their own tracking system
its on www.gre.ac.uk/applicationsinprogress
Loveangel2k9
im sure they do have their own tracking system
its on www.gre.ac.uk/applicationsinprogress

It says, on that link you gave me...

Greenwich Wesbite
If you applied through UCAS or GTTR, you should track your application by going to:
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/track/

Did you apply through UCAS? If so, then that explains it. If you applied independently, then you'll need to use their Track, if the details were not given on your letter, then you'll need to contact them to find it out.
Reply 7
oh ok, i did apply though Ucas,
i guess i'll have to wait till Ucas send me a letter,
Loveangel2k9

:top:

Though you can always use the ID given to you in Apply and see if it works in Track. It did in my case! Though Track won't be anything interesting at this point in time. :smile:
Loveangel2k9

i managed to log into my track before i got the ucas welcome letter :smile: just use your personal ID that you see when you log into apply (when you type it on track though, don't use the hyphons)
then use your user name and password that you used in apply :smile:

it worked for me but it does say when you log into the apply section that they may change your password but this isn't always necessarily the case

i got an offer too before i even got my ucas welcome letter so it's worth a shot! :biggrin:
Reply 10
purple_blutack2108
i managed to log into my track before i got the ucas welcome letter :smile: just use your personal ID that you see when you log into apply (when you type it on track though, don't use the hyphons)

it worked for me but it does say when you log into the apply section that they may change your password but this isn't always necessarily the case

i got an offer too before i even got my ucas welcome letter so it's worth a shot! :biggrin:

thanks very much ill have a try
Loveangel2k9
thanks very much ill have a try

your welcome :smile:

i hope it works for you :biggrin:
Reply 12
purple_blutack2108

OK ive hacked in lol
now how does ths thing work? lol
Loveangel2k9
OK ive hacked in lol

I could explain it all, but, on UCAS there are some lovely little video guides to help you through it all. :yy:
Champagne Supernova

What that one said :biggrin:
Loveangel2k9
OK ive hacked in lol

'Choices' is just that...tells you your choices
When you get an offer you will be notified by email that your track status has updates *exciting* and next to that university it will come up with 'conditional' or 'unconditional :coma: '

If you click on the course code of that university once you have an offer it will tell you the conditions
:yy:
Loveangel2k9
OK ive hacked in lol

lol

if grenwich definately gave you an offer you should be able to click on the welcome page and then click on choices :smile:

then next to grenwich it'll say what they're response is (it'll probably say conditional or something)

to find out more about the offer click on the red course code :biggrin:
Reply 17
Thanks Everyone!

Latest

Trending

Trending