The Student Room Group

Offered the chance to study at the University of Stockholm

Hi people,

am currently studying Law at Leicester and I've been offered the chance to convert to an LLB (European) degree and spend my third year at the University of Stockholm.

Was just wondering if anyone has any experiences of studying in that area? Have to make my decision soon, half of me thinks this is an amazing opportunity and the other half is worried it'll be a mistake...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

I'm from Stockholm.

Will there not be a language barrier?

It's a nicer city than Leicester.

I would go for that opportunity, def. top 5 in the country
Reply 2
laissezfaire

Will there not be a language barrier?

I think the course I'd be studying is taught in English.

Is Stockholm pretty well respected in Sweden?
Reply 3
Go 4 it!

Top3
Uppsala, Lund and Stockholm!
Reply 4
The Swedish student visa system is so liberal who the **** doesn't get a chance to study in Sweden?
i'd definitely go for it!
Reply 6
That'd be a great experience, id go for it!
Reply 7
GO! :smile: going on exchange is the best thing ever - you'll have an amazing time.
Reply 8
Do it, nice country, good university, super-hot blonde chicks.
ak56
The Swedish student visa system is so liberal who the **** doesn't get a chance to study in Sweden?

We're EU - we get free lifetime entry to Sweden!
Reply 10
Longorefisher
We're EU - we get free lifetime entry to Sweden!

As do all sorts of third-worlders it seems. People complain about British immigration being lax, **** me, they'd have a heart-attack if they saw Swedens.
I'd definitely go for it.

Stockholm is an amazing city and the university is well respected in Sweden.
Reply 12
Yeah I think I want to, the only thing holding me back is the worry that when I come back to complete my degree it'll be awful as most of my friends will have graduated...
aziz89
Yeah I think I want to, the only thing holding me back is the worry that when I come back to complete my degree it'll be awful as most of my friends will have graduated...

... and probably won't be able travel until they have some money behind them (ie. means they have to work for a while first). I'm a mature student and have travelled for work a bit, and loved every second of it. You might live to regret what is a hell of an opportunity.
aziz89

People move on, and who knows you might meet people in Stockholm, I'd definitely go if I were you, it's an experience you'll never have if you don't. Moreover there must be other people going, buddy up with them?
stockholm syndrome :zomg:
does anyone know how easy it is to get a 'corridor' room in Lund? i think its student dorms, and its what i would prefer since it should give me more opportunities to meet fellow students.

on the website it says that accommodation is not guaranteed and demand far outweighs supply. any idea of the cost per month in pounds? my research estimated about 350
andrewcolvill10
does anyone know how easy it is to get a 'corridor' room in Lund? i think its student dorms, and its what i would prefer since it should give me more opportunities to meet fellow students.

on the website it says that accommodation is not guaranteed and demand far outweighs supply. any idea of the cost per month in pounds? my research estimated about 350

I gather from people I vaguely know currently in Lund that getting accommodation is VERY difficult. I'm currently in Uppsala and I pay £300 a month for my room which is actually of a higher standard than your typical corridor room. However, I think costs may be higher in Lund because of the demand. I would agree that you wouldn't expect to spend more than £350 a month though.
Reply 18
what are you exactly doing?
for example, if you go to sweden for one/two semester(s) with erasmus, allmost every university offers some accomodation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ERASMUS_programme)

however, go for it!
going there independently to study for my masters. i have spoke to one girl on tsr who managed to find accommodation but she hasn't elaborated on how hard it was yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending