The Student Room Group

UCAS help please :)

right, i sent my UCAS off two weeks ago this friday - i'm on a gap year but i'm doing it through my school so basically its gone to them to put my reference on it, i know they have my reference because the person who wrote it (my former head of sixth form that's now retired) - told me they had recieved it from him

on UCAS i can't log in to track, nor have i got my welcome letter, it just says 'your form hasn't been checked by your referee/coordinator' - 'your reference hasn't been added' or something along those lines - where is it? - like i said i'm on a gap year so i've got no idea what's going on - bit worried tbh, so i came here :smile: - does anyone have an inkling as to what's going on?

pretty sure i'm being stupid or impatient and if that's true i don't mind being told that - lol :s-smilie:
It depends what it says. If it says it hasn't been checked yet then that means that whoever's in charge of the whole UCAS procedure hasn't checked the reference and done the final send off to UCAS. If it says that your reference has been started then it means that the man writing your reference hasn't sent it to your sixth form yet. What's the exact message on Apply?
Reply 2
DaveSteed24
right, i sent my UCAS off two weeks ago this friday - i'm on a gap year but i'm doing it through my school so basically its gone to them to put my reference on it, i know they have my reference because the person who wrote it (my former head of sixth form that's now retired) - told me they had recieved it from him

on UCAS i can't log in to track, nor have i got my welcome letter, it just says 'your form hasn't been checked by your referee/coordinator' - 'your reference hasn't been added' or something along those lines - where is it? - like i said i'm on a gap year so i've got no idea what's going on - bit worried tbh, so i came here :smile: - does anyone have an inkling as to what's going on?

pretty sure i'm being stupid or impatient and if that's true i don't mind being told that - lol :s-smilie:

yeh you referee has to finalise it before its officially sent off and im guessing hes either forgotten, been lazy or not realised so get on the phone to him ASAP.....find out whats going on!

dont worry you've got plenty of time all will be fine but make sure you speak to him......hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
DaveSteed24

Your referee hasn't looked at it yet nor has he sent it off quite simply. Mine was like this for a week before I stormed up to my head of year and asked what was going on- only to discover he was 'shocked' he had forgotten!
Reply 4
becomingbindy
It depends what it says. If it says it hasn't been checked yet then that means that whoever's in charge of the whole UCAS procedure hasn't checked the reference and done the final send off to UCAS. If it says that your reference has been started then it means that the man writing your reference hasn't sent it to your sixth form yet. What's the exact message on Apply?

it says:

Your application has not yet been checked by your referee/coordinator.
Your reference has not yet been started.

but i know the school have the reference - or at least he told me they did :s-smilie:
Reply 5
cheers to everyone who replied :smile: - i shall have to phone the school i think - give them a kick up the bottom to get a move on

god i remember when they told us to do the bloody forms last year they were on our backs to do them quickly - suddenly when they have to do something there's all teh time in the world apparently :rolleyes:
Reply 6
I would actually go and visit the school and talk to the person who checks through all the UCAS applications. Tell them about your situation and try and get it sorted. My referrence took 3 weeks and 4 days before it was sent to UCAS. So your not the only person who had to wait ages to get the referrence done.
DaveSteed24
it says:

Your application has not yet been checked by your referee/coordinator.
Your reference has not yet been started.

but i know the school have the reference - or at least he told me they did :s-smilie:

That means that noone's even started writing your reference. It has to be written, and then checked by someone else at your school, and then sent off. Not sure about your school but from this point it took my school about 3 weeks to get it sent off and that was with me bugging them about it every day. Give them a call and tell them to hurry up!
Reply 8
becomingbindy
That means that noone's even started writing your reference. It has to be written, and then checked by someone else at your school, and then sent off. Not sure about your school but from this point it took my school about 3 weeks to get it sent off and that was with me bugging them about it every day. Give them a call and tell them to hurry up!

my brother's still there so i might send him to pester them :smile: - lol
DaveSteed24
my brother's still there so i might send him to pester them :smile: - lol

Good idea :smile: It's so frustrating when your application is still at that point and other people are getting offers already. Where are you applying to?

Latest

Trending

Trending