The Student Room Group
They're meant to follow you around with an oversized banner saying something along the lines of: 'We love our son!'
Reply 2
Please don't take your parents.
i took my mum, is was nice to have someone to take your mind off it
Reply 4
foolsihboy
Hey, just got my letter through for being invited down to Cambridge for interview (woo!). I was just wondering, do people go down on their own, or with parents (on the most part)? If with parents, what are they supposed to do for the day?

congratulations! what did you apply for, and to which college?
and i dont think people generally take their parents with them, on the other hand i thinnk it can be very helpful.:smile:
Reply 5
If with parents, what are they supposed to do for the day?

Swap false addresses with other clingy parents to never invite to swinging parties they rue they'll never have the guts to host?

Seriously OP you must be eligible/nearly eligible to vote!
foolsihboy
Hey, just got my letter through for being invited down to Cambridge for interview (woo!). I was just wondering, do people go down on their own, or with parents (on the most part)? If with parents, what are they supposed to do for the day?

lol @ drink and lacewing.

AFAIK most people don't take their 'rents. But then, I would have looked a bit stupid as an almost 30 year old woman with my mom tagging along!

There is alot to do in Cambridge, various museums, libraries, the shopping centre etc. Give them a fiver, and tell them to behave?

On a serious note, consider what would feel right for you. If you'd prefer to have them only a phone call away, then take them. However, I felt like my head was full for several hours following my interview. I wanted to be on my own to berrate myself about all the things I wish I'd said/written, and could only call my partner after an hour and a large coffee. What's most important is that you feel comfortable and confident. For me, being on my own does that, for others havign moral support does it. Whatever feels right for you.

Good Luck.
Reply 7
I took my dad (well, he had the car, so I guess he took me...). He sat in a coffee shop and did some work. He said he had a rave.

Latest