The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
These are the rankings as of November, not nowadays...
Well, I don't know what you count as 'not so well', but the statistics I've found certainly don't imply that it's a poor university! :s-smilie:

Times University Guide 2010 Rankings: 23rd place
The Independent’s Complete University Guide 2010: 12th out of 113 institutions in the UK
Guardian University Guide: 16th out of 117 universities, and top in North West

It's also apparently one of just 29 UK universities ranked in the top 200 worldwide, with a place of 162.

So basically, I think it's a very good university that is well recognised and will get you far! Besides, it's not just the university, but you own effort to get a good degree at the end of it all of course :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
The only qualifications you need for a job in finance in the city are 1) Be an ******* 2) Have no morals.
This Uni is fine.
Reply 3
Why did someone give me a bad reputation for my above post :frown: No note either and on the 24th March too? :redface: It's like someone has searched it out...I've only tried to assist by giving the rankings, as of November. If the bad rep was because of the changed rankings or something, the date makes a big difference!
Reply 4
It's the kind of university that won't stand out on an application form, but it shouldn't hold you back for most 'city' jobs. I know people who've gone on from Lancaster to work at the treasury, the major investment banks, accountancy firms and business consultancy firms in London.

Personally i think the 'name' of your university has less and less to do with your job prospects these days. I often get asked in interview why Lancaster and you can even sell it then if you feel the need - Throw a few key facts in. Get a good 2.1 or First from the Management School with good relevant experience and some decent extra curriculars then you should be fine. Obviously your personality and other things come into weather you'll get the highly competitive jobs.

Latest

Trending

Trending