The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
uisp
I am international student applying for a postgraduate course at Durham starting next year.

Just by browsing the colleges webpages I got a nice feeling out of St John's. Is there anything else I should know before choosing it?

Nothing at all, if St Johns feels right for you, go with you instinct!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
pipsi
Nothing at all, if St Johns feels right for you, go with you instinct!!

I am not sure if I'd be better on in a college like collingwood, because online there is a general consensus that it has the best facilities.

Is the difference that significant?
Reply 3
uisp
I am not sure if I'd be better on in a college like collingwood, because online there is a general consensus that it has the best facilities.

Is the difference that significant?

I'm not too up on all of the different colleges, i made my decision from the information on the website, i grew up fairly close to Durham so knew a little bit about the colleges and had originally thought i would like Hatfield, then after some reading of the websites i decided on Castle.

I've visited Grey and St Aidans both of which look ok from what i've seen but again it's all down to personal taste. I liked the traditional side of college life so that's why i went for Castle. someone else might be along soon with more info.

If you're still undecided after reading through the websites, perhaps a visit to the colleges might help you decide.
Reply 4
It depends on your height mate... :-)

Have you tried going down to St. John's Bar? Mind your head esp. if you're not so sober!

Latest