Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 1
Bump
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Well you have a tutor, talk to him or her about it. They are there for advice.

Moved to OU forum.
Reply 3
Ello,

Have a looky at this: http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/explained/how-to-pay.shtml

Refunds

We hope you won’t need to, but if you’re thinking about withdrawing from a course, contact us. You may be entitled to a refund or discount on future courses.

Generally, the following terms apply:

* If you cancel before the start date, 100% of your fee will be refunded.
* If you're new to the Open University, are studying a Level 1 course and cancel during the first third of the course, 50% of your fee will be refunded. If you’ve studied with us before, you won’t be entitled to a refund if you cancel after your course starts.

If you cancel after your course starts you may be entitled to a discount on future courses for a limited period. Conditions apply, so please contact us for more information.

+44(0)845 300 60 90 if you need to call them. They're very helpful on the phone, but no, you're never stuck with having to do anything. It just depends if you want your cash back, how much and whether that matters to you.

It may be worth pushing through if you think you'll enjoy later courses.

Mind if I ask why you're not enjoying it? Something that can be solved maybe? - your tutor should be able to help you with this too, as mentioned above by River.
Hi there,

I agree with the advice already given: have a chat with your tutor and/or your regional office (they have helpful and friendly advisers you can talk to on the phone). Whether you plough on or withdraw depends on how important this course is in terms of your longer-term plans. I have just withdrawn from the course I started in October and transferred 60% of my course fee to another course starting in February. OK, this does mean I'm out of pocket to the tune of £250, but I thought it through carefully and felt it was better to acknowledge that I'd chosen the wrong course rather than soldier on. However, if, say, you want a psychology degree and you're not enjoying one of the compulsory courses for that degree, then withdrawal will have a major impact on your longer-term study goals, whereas, for me, withdrawing from my course makes no difference to my overall degree plan.

So my advice is to think carefully about why you're not enjoying the course, look at your longer-term goals and seek advice if necessary to help you decide whether to carry on or withdraw. Studying with the OU is a long process of personal development and I think it's normal to find old interests waning and new ones opening up as you go along, and this might mean a certain element of trial and error with course choices. At the same time, we all hit difficult patches with our studies and sometimes the right thing to do is to persevere.
Reply 5
what exactly is it your not liking

Latest