The Student Room Group
Like handwriting letters to the family of those who died in action?
Reply 2
Leopold Bloom
Like handwriting letters to the family of those who died in action?

It was only the recipient who had a problem with it, 99% of the public seemed to feel she was an ungreatful bitch and the fact that women went to the papers seemed to do wonders for Brown's public image. People seemed to be on his side.
He has to act for the better good of the UK/Europe etc. His job is not, as you think, to be popular.
His job is not, as you think, to be popular.

It's just as well, he'd be even worse at it.
Reply 5
stuck_118118
He has to act for the better good of the UK/Europe etc. His job is not, as you think, to be popular.

No, but if you want to be voted back in, being popular helps.
Reply 6
stuck_118118

Unfortunately to get re-elected you do have to be popular. Alas that is the flaw with representative democracy, flawed and imperfect.
Tell us something we don't know :p:
the thing is from a PR perspective although it would be great for him to be there and show his support in many ways it also not very logical. there are teams of emergency services helping those in need and he would quite frankly just get in the way, second the media is focusing on reporting the news of the floods which to some for example those with family etc is a lifeline and would help them more than simply seeing gordon browns face splashed all over the news. its not necessarily a case of being on the ball, its a case of what decisions are logical and practical. personally i think he is doing the best thing, he can distribute a press release to show his support and voice any opinions he may have which will get his point across without him having to actually travel up there.
The Environment Secretary Hilary Benn is there - the whole point of having Secretaries of State is for them to represent the government in their specific fields.
I don't see the need for the PM to be there.
Reply 10
I'm still wondering why he avoided telling everyone what his favourite biscuit was during a Q&A session recently. :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending