The Student Room Group
silk192
Before you start dont judge me.

For whatever unknown reason I may have called an asian the P word and as a result i am being looked down upon by everyone as being a racist. i admit that i am not racist and what i said was a complete and utter mistake. however, that does not change what i said or did nor does it change the feelings of the people i may have offended. how do i deal with this situation and leave it in the past. if possible?

Say sorry?

I know loads of people who have used the 'N word' or 'P word' (feels stupid even writing that) - to insult someone they don't like or someone who pissed them off in the spur of the moment. They are not racist. Its just what happens - esp. if the other person is being provocative etc. Sometimes people don't know what to say back to them so they will just shout ******/paki/honkey/cracker whatever.

Big deal.
Racism is an excellent thing. It can help youe acheev excellent gades in the IGCSE E2L exams.
Apologise to this person and give them a good explanation as to why you insulted them for no other reason than being Asian.
Is calling someone a racist word a big deal?? well NO.

Is wanting to exterminate a race of people a big deal? YES

people don't seem to be able to differentiate these days, even a slight hint of racism or the fact that you may suggest races are different, you're automatically accused of being a Nazi.
well what was the context? the context is often key. if it was an offensive one, then apologise and let it go. if it's jokey, then move on and forget it.
Reply 6
You cant go back maybe the peson will probably forgive you but they will always question your actions and think of you as the racist.
Reply 7
Wtf?
Was it intended offensively?
If no, then there isn't a problem. You used a word that has racist connotations, but didn't use it intending to be offensive - there's nothing to be offended by there?
Reply 8
If you choose to describe people like that, in the company of people who don't know you well enough to know if you are joking, then what do you expect.
I sometimes don't understand racism on a large scale. When people say that Black people look like Monkeys, I don't see how that is actually racist as in putting the race below others. Humans actually do resemble many animals. Being black myself, to be perfectly honest some black people do actually look like monkeys. I mean.. when people call me degradatory names, I don't fret because it doesn't actually mean anything. Why do people get angry if someone calls them a monkey I'll never know.

When people call others by such mindless names, it doesmn't show anything but their ignorance. They're just to weak and ashamed/jealous to compete with said person any other way. They just live with the shock, keeping it bottled up inside them.
silk192
Before you start dont judge me.

For whatever unknown reason I may have called an asian the P word and as a result i am being looked down upon by everyone as being a racist. i admit that i am not racist and what i said was a complete and utter mistake. however, that does not change what i said or did nor does it change the feelings of the people i may have offended. how do i deal with this situation and leave it in the past. if possible?

You mean paki?
Reply 12
To be honest I don't anyone is "racist"

I think racism exists but I don't think it exists as a personality trait of certain people

We all change our opinions over time, everyone is capable of behaving in a racist way or an anti-racist way.

Latest

Trending

Trending