http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/377051.aspx
wjec are being so sly!
Reply 101

Oh great.:erm:

Tomorrow should be interesting...
Reply 102
What exactly is the difference between explain and discuss? :colondollar:
Reply 103
Identify and briefly explain one methodological problem that might have arisen because only one psychologist observed this experient??

Any help PLEASE?!
Reply 104
Wow is that a possible question?? I suppose it'd be to do with the fact that the psychologist's personal bias could influence the way they observe therefore another would be needed to ensure reliability? I'm so bad at research methods :emo: I really can't do themm :frown:
Reply 105
mel0n
Wow is that a possible question?? I suppose it'd be to do with the fact that the psychologist's personal bias could influence the way they observe therefore another would be needed to ensure reliability? I'm so bad at research methods :emo: I really can't do themm :frown:

Yeh u seem to be right on what you have said .. thanks for that .. am sure u will be able to do them .. pretty much common sense .. well for me now just 3 more issues to revise .. atm im duin using human participants in psychology issue is takin the mick .. got no model answers for it n its gunna take me forever to build up a essay (although i do have a essay plan that has been given to help me which is useful)
Reply 106
Ive decided .. im not gunna go to sleep effectively putting myself under sleep deprivation just so i can get every bit of revision done .. make sure everything is slap bang in my head ready for 9am this morning :biggrin:
Reply 107
Eughhh I HATE RESEARCH METHODS! :frown: WJEC and their stupiddddddddd way of marking. The only mark the first answer you put right? Sounds a bit like negative marking. :emo:
Reply 108
That wasn't too bad!
I was happy with it :smile:
Annoyed at myself as I crossed out a correct answer and wrote a wrong one so I've lost some marks but oh well wasn't too many.
How did everyone else do?
Reply 109
I just made stupid mistakes on research methods. For question two - what did you put as the research method? Was it a lab, field, natural etc??
Reply 110
mel0n
I just made stupid mistakes on research methods. For question two - what did you put as the research method? Was it a lab, field, natural etc??

I put lab as it's an artificial situation. I did put field to start with before I properly thought it through.
What did you put?
I thought the paper was amaaaazing compared to the practice ones my teacher made up for us :P Just hoping I haven't done anything stupid!

bethan92
I put lab as it's an artificial situation. I did put field to start with before I properly thought it through.
What did you put?

Uh oh! I put field :s-smilie: Hopefully as long as we can justify why we put what we put it'll be ok? *Gulp*
Reply 112
xstarxsparklex
I thought the paper was amaaaazing compared to the practice ones my teacher made up for us :P Just hoping I haven't done anything stupid!

Uh oh! I put field :s-smilie: Hopefully as long as we can justify why we put what we put it'll be ok? *Gulp*

Ohh yeh fingers crossed for you then! :smile:

I dunno I just put that it was a lab as people wouldn't normally drive round a test track avoiding obsticles, so assumed it was lab as if it was a field it would have been on an actual road?
bethan92
Ohh yeh fingers crossed for you then! :smile:

I dunno I just put that it was a lab as people wouldn't normally drive round a test track avoiding obsticles, so assumed it was lab as if it was a field it would have been on an actual road?

my teacher said it was a natural experiment...
ilikecookies

:eek3:
Reply 115
bethan92
What did you put?

Eughh I put field but it's clearly not field. It's not in the participants natural environment.. If I had to do it again I'd have wrote laboratory because it's a controlled situation created by the experimenter. :colondollar: I made such stupid mistakes. I got the IV and DV on question 1 wrong too. :frown:
Reply 116
ilikecookies

Lolol I don't think it was a natural experiment. :lolwut:. I know your teacher obviously is more qualified than me but honestly.. A natural experiment is an experiment in which the experimenter does not manipulate the IV or DV and takes advantage of a situation that's already occuring. The situation in this case was clearly not naturally occurring as the experiments chose people to volunteer for it. :dontknow:
mel0n
Lolol I don't think it was a natural experiment. :lolwut:. I know your teacher obviously is more qualified than me but honestly.. A natural experiment is an experiment in which the experimenter does not manipulate the IV or DV and takes advantage of a situation that's already occuring. The situation in this case was clearly not naturally occurring as the experiments chose people to volunteer for it. :dontknow:

i know.i agree with you!but the teacher said that because the IV is gender so we dont have to manipulate the variable cos it already exists!i was like 'you what':eek:
Reply 118
ilikecookies
i know.i agree with you!but the teacher said that because the IV is gender so we dont have to manipulate the variable cos it already exists!i was like 'you what':eek:

I think you'd manipulate it by changing between male and female, though. :lolwut: Lolol!

In question 1, what did you put as a confounding variable? I realllyyyy totally forgot it and just put demand characteristics down!! :frown:
mel0n
I think you'd manipulate it by changing between male and female, though. :lolwut: Lolol!

In question 1, what did you put as a confounding variable? I realllyyyy totally forgot it and just put demand characteristics down!! :frown:

i put something stupid like the participants may have had previous unpleasant events with the phobic stimulus theredore causing affecting their rating thing :/ dayum

Latest

Trending

Trending