The Student Room Group

Complaining about **** takeaway just had

(apologies to the mods...i wasn't sure where to post this thread so put it in general)

Hey, me and my housemate just ordered chinese, thought it would be really nice, as they had really good ratings on the web, and had to complain about it cos it was disgusting, was cold, order wasn't right, portions really small for amount we paid, arrived half an hour late

most of the food is sitting uneaten on the table as it was so inedible, so we phoned them up to complain, and they were really unhelpful

apparently we can only get a refund if we 1) order directly with them - we ordered online through a kind of takeaway search engine type thing and 2) we would have to return ALL the food to get a refund anyway - i offered to give them back most of it but they weren't interested (when they are just gonna throw it away anyway so whats the point!)

should i be able to get a refund? or any type of compensation cos it really was terrible food!
all takeaways are ****.
Reply 2
mary21
(apologies to the mods...i wasn't sure where to post this thread so put it in general)

Hey, me and my housemate just ordered chinese, thought it would be really nice, as they had really good ratings on the web, and had to complain about it cos it was disgusting, was cold, order wasn't right, portions really small for amount we paid, arrived half an hour late

most of the food is sitting uneaten on the table as it was so inedible, so we phoned them up to complain, and they were really unhelpful

apparently we can only get a refund if we 1) order directly with them - we ordered online through a kind of takeaway search engine type thing and 2) we would have to return ALL the food to get a refund anyway - i offered to give them back most of it but they weren't interested (when they are just gonna throw it away anyway so whats the point!)

should i be able to get a refund? or any type of compensation cos it really was terrible food!

Very, very unlikely and not worth the effort. It's just one meal at the end of the day.

The only time I've seen refunds given is when customers physically return the food and threaten to make a scene. Are you prepared to do that?
how much you spend ? probably not worth the hassle trying to get a refund
give them bad feedback

refund is unliekly really.

if something is actually WRONG with the food you can report them to the auhtorities but bad service doesnt count
what's their website?
Reply 6
amenhotep
It's just one meal at the end of the day.

not counting the one theyre gonna have to get to make up for the chinese
Reply 7
leftover food plz
Happens to everyone. Let it go.
It's a takeaway... nothing more needs to be said.
maybe it was cold because the third party website who you ordered it took so long to deliver it?
Unless it was the actual takeaway who delivered it and not the website you used.
At least you didn't find a spine like I did....
Reply 12
mary21

Give them a bad review and move on.
Reply 13
go 4 indian next time
Reply 14
jigsawismyhero
how much you spend ? probably not worth the hassle trying to get a refund

£22...we phoned up and they gonna get back to us (apparently...big pinch of salt taken with that one) about a refund of at least 50% hopefully...tho it took alot of ranting on the phone!
Reply 15
Something I've noticed is that takeaways that deliver (non chain outlets) tend to be quite crap. They seek to extract the convenience/lazyness premium from you quality wise, and I also wouldn't have much faith in takeaway search engines.
Reply 16
Whereabouts in Nottingham are you? It wasn't Lemon Tree was it?! :curious:
Reply 17
Get a pet, this is what they're for.

Latest

Trending

Trending