The Student Room Group

Hult International Business School

I was just browsing the other day and came across Hult International Business School. I was checking their Masters in International Business (MIB) programme and the course modules look pretty impressive and another thing that caught my attention was their Global Rotation Program where you can choose to study at any one of their campuses located in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai and Shanghai during the term of course.

Is there anyone out here whose studying/studied at HULT ? If yes what are your views ?
The sent me their prospectus when I didn't request for it and emailed me that I'm eligible for their scholarship when I have never even heard of them. I blame GMAC (GMAT company) for revealing my information.... but sending me a prospectus is a bit much lol... other business schools just emailed you.... desperate much? :rolleyes:

Anyway, upon further investigation, it seems that the school is decent and is ranked quite favourably as a business school - however, the brand name is non-existent, I've never heard of them before I received their prospectus and my first impression was 'What the hell is this ex-poly prospectus doing here on my doorstep?'.... lol....
Reply 2
verticalforce
The sent me their prospectus when I didn't request for it and emailed me that I'm eligible for their scholarship when I have never even heard of them. I blame GMAC (GMAT company) for revealing my information.... but sending me a prospectus is a bit much lol... other business schools just emailed you.... desperate much? :rolleyes:

Anyway, upon further investigation, it seems that the school is decent and is ranked quite favourably as a business school - however, the brand name is non-existent, I've never heard of them before I received their prospectus and my first impression was 'What the hell is this ex-poly prospectus doing here on my doorstep?'.... lol....

HAHA...Actually I was talking to one of my friends about this university who recently gave his GMAT and scored a 710 and he keeps getting calls from them almost daily, asking him to enroll for the MBA program. They really sound to desperate but as u said the university is placed pretty well in the league tables but i still have my doubts.

I've never heard anyone mentioning about this University in any of major forums (even this one) and this MIB program was just launched last year.

I am not sure if the program is an actual Masters (MSc or MA) and the tuition fees is sinfully expensive (GBP18,500 :s-smilie: ). But i spoke to one of their representatives and they were ready to give me a scholarship of say about GBP 3000 and even guaranteed and internship with a Fortune 500 company. (Sounds too good to be true :confused: )

They presumed to attract more than 65 students this year for their MIB program and are expecting the number to go up. One of the most eye catching feature about their course was the Global Rotation Program where you can choose to do your elective courses in their different campuses located around Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai and Shanghai.

Everything about the course/college looks good in their prospectus and website but a real time review from a current student is what i need.
Reply 3
Bump
Would you go out with a chick who make a pass to everyone and anyone?

I mean, yeah... she might be decent looking, but is it worth spending that kind of money on her?

I hope you get my analogy.. lol...:p:
Reply 5
verticalforce
Would you go out with a chick who make a pass to everyone and anyone?

I mean, yeah... she might be decent looking, but is it worth spending that kind of money on her?

I hope you get my analogy.. lol...:p:

Yes for a chick and no for a university :p:
Reply 6
Hy is GMAT is mandatory for MBA in HULTS
Reply 7
I think so, but the median is not very high.
Reply 8
I am having an phone interview with Hult in a few days time for MIB.

My application process is smooooth which proves all your points about it being desperate:

I was first contacted by their Admission Coordinator for arranging a phone chat about my interest in enrolling. Then I had this almost 2 hours long phone call with an Admission Manager who looked at my CV and introduced the MIB course to me. The end of the phone call is urging me to submit an incomplete application form online for them to proceed. Which I did in on the day.

Afterwards, I was put to another manager who looks after my materials. From having to submit two references, they downgrade to asking for one reference for now and one later.

A day after I submitted my personal statement and reference, I was asked back for an interview.

I don't know what to make of it. They give 8-14 days grace time for you to make decision. I first choice is imperial and I have only got my first reference for imperial received, not even approved.

What do you guys make of it?
Good Afternoon to all,
I'm a french student from Toulouse Business School, I will get my bachelor degree in international business and management in few month and I will also have been invited to the last application step, the phone interview with Hult international Business School for MIB at the London Campus. First if someone already had it and can give feedback about , it would be great. Then, is there someone who have already been enrolled in this program during the previous years and also those who will take part in the september '13 program that would be interesting to meet and speak.
Regards
Reply 10
Hult is a really poor school. I am familiar with their marketing strategy and nothing about the institution impresses me.

Try talking to one of their graduates; it is like looking into the abyss. My advice: stay away!
yep, it looks yr comments are still valid Costanza, good marketing approach, friendly application process, interisting opportunity of turn around their locations and for GMAT course well scheduled timetable lessons, BUT where are their graduated?
Mostly found in Luzerne on HR department working for the same HULT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending