Dingwall :adore:
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/ind...-well-chuffed/

:lol:
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    From a text on BBC's live text:

Fernando Torres (3 in 36), Andy Carroll (5 in 31) and Luis Suarez (10 in 36) have scored as many goals in a combined 103 league matches as Lionel Messi has in 7.

Best stat ever.
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)

Fernando Torres (3 in 36), Andy Carroll (5 in 31) and Luis Suarez (10 in 36) have scored as many goals in a combined 103 league matches as Lionel Messi has in 7.

Best stat ever.
    A combined total transfer fee that cost £100 million.

Messi on the other hand cost nothing.
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)

Best stat ever.
    That is sensational :lol:
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Gareth McCleary scored more goals in the second half for Forest last night than Torres has in his last 36 PL games. :ahee:

I know Championship=/= Premier League standard, but still, horses for courses and all that.
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Biggest loss in British history. 58-0 :lol:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...114458686.html
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:

:rofl:
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    That was an absolutely atrocious tackle by Cisse - who will now miss four matches, the ****.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    That was an absolutely atrocious tackle by Cisse - who will now miss four matches, the ****.
    Brainless. You'd think he, of all people, would be more cautious than committing a reckless challenge like that.
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Brainless. You'd think he, of all people, would be more cautious than committing a reckless challenge like that.
    Indeed.

He has played five matches, sent off in two of those. And will miss four of QPR's last eight matches. I think it's safe to say he is an idiot.
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.

He has played five matches, sent off in two of those. And will miss four of QPR's last eight matches. I think it's safe to say he is an idiot.
    I think it's safe to say now that they'll be relegated. Lost their star striker for 4 games and have to face I think 5 big teams in their last 9. Truly an idiot.
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    I think it's safe to say now that they'll be relegated. Lost their star striker for 4 games and have to face I think 5 big teams in their last 9. Truly an idiot.
    Agreed.

Think its QPR, Wolves and Blackburn going down.
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I think this has been one of the worst seasons in the PL that I've seen. Nevermind the woeful European performances, but the quality of football has been poor. Bar teams like Swansea that have been a breath of fresh air, and the likes of Tottenham for most of the season giving us a much needed top four challenger, the rest have been mediocre. Man City have been solid overall but I don't think their football is that great-- it's somewhat clunky and there's just no heart in it. It reminds me of Mourino's Chelsea just not as well set up defensively (and lacking the world class edge of that team -- I hated their football but it was extremely efficient).

Anyway, I don't expect many to agree but it's been a not very exciting season for neutrals IMO.
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I have to agree with you, I think Tottenham played the best football at the start of the season but there fast counter-attacking seems to have stopped in the last few weeks.

United have probably been the best footballing side in recent weeks, I've always been a fan of wing play and United with Valencia, Young and Nani have loads of it. Arsenals football hasn't been that great this season compared to what you expect of them, and I agree that City's style of play is also pretty dull for a team that has so much talent.
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    In terms of actual football, the Premier league has been below par this season.

Arsenal have become more of a counter-attacking side rather than complete domination.

Man utd have been in transition this season (although some of the football has been great)

Liverpool have just been meh

Chelsea haven't had a striker who can score consistently

Only real teams that have stepped up from last season are Man city and Tottenham. Better football and better results.

However, this season in general, the top 6 battles have been amazing. Most likely due to a lack of defensive ability but still great stuff to watch.
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    United have probably been the best team to watch in England in the last 20 years as they have (seemingly) always stuck to the principle of attack and scoring more than the others, even during the season a couple back were they had a great defence and a lot of 1-0's they still played attacking football. I would say the only team that has been comparable has been the Arsenal Invincible team with Henry et al.
    Arsenal post 2006 kept the ball nice enough but there never seemed to be any 'magic', pace or enjoyment to it. It was keeping the ball for the sake of it a lot of the time.

Liverpool during the Mcmanaman era were great to watch though as he was one hell of an underrated player.
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Four matches tonight, don't know which one to watch. :hmmm:
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be watching APOEL Nicosia - Real Madrid

and having peeks at Chelsea's game. Hope Chelsea win
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Watch Benfica vs Chelsea, then catch the end and potential ET/pens of Sunderland vs Everton before highlights of APOEL vs Madrid which should give a nice little break before Nacional vs Lima and finally La U vs Penarol in the Libertadores. Sorted.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 28, 2014
2015 general election
New on TSR

Having sex for the first time

What do you wish you had known?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.