Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate Football Thread VII

Announcements Posted on
The Football forum needs another moderator! 19-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    In their last 22 games Fleetwood have picked up a total of 60 points out of 66... As much as they're annoying me because they just won't slip up and they are the club with all the money in this league and lure all the decent players offering 3 times more than what other clubs offer, i think they deserve a bit of credit for that stat.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's like Crawley last season though - the step up to League Two is massive and only really doable if you have the money.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    It's like Crawley last season though - the step up to League Two is massive and only really doable if you have the money.
    Its not the step up to league football thats the problem, the gap between league two --> bsp isn't that significant. The problem is getting out of the division in the first place due to the 1 automatic promotion place bottleneck. Just look at the amount of full time ex league clubs down there who still get average attendances of 3k plus, then those who are rising through the leagues (Wimbledon, Fleetwood etc). There badly needs to be another promotion place, imo.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Its not the step up to league football thats the problem, the gap between league two --> bsp isn't that significant. The problem is getting out of the division in the first place due to the 1 automatic promotion place bottleneck. Just look at the amount of full time ex league clubs down there who still get average attendances of 3k plus, then those who are rising through the leagues (Wimbledon, Fleetwood etc). There badly needs to be another promotion place, imo.
    Completely agree! The step up isn't that much of a change. I rather watch us play a team like Cambridge than someone like Accrington. The teams that come down from League 2 tend to struggle in the first season, just like Stockport and Lincoln have done this season. Even we did four seasons ago. We were mid-table for two seasons, it was only last season we were in the play-offs before completely messing up in the semis and we will be in the play-offs again this season as i don't think we'll be able to take it off Fleetwood now.

It's frustrating there is only one place available that is automatic, which is why it's been impossible for the teams that drop down to get back up. This is one of the best seasons Wrexham have had in such a long time and i don't even think we'll get anything from it. And i honestly think for us to survive we need to get out of this league and i don't think it'll happen this season.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't decide which match to watch tonight.

What's everyone else going to be watching?
    • 12 followers

(Original post by Stu Laverty)
    I can't decide which match to watch tonight.

What's everyone else going to be watching?
    Ross County v Morton.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Ross County v Morton.
    :lol:

Dingwall :adore:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/ind...-well-chuffed/

:lol:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    From a text on BBC's live text:

Fernando Torres (3 in 36), Andy Carroll (5 in 31) and Luis Suarez (10 in 36) have scored as many goals in a combined 103 league matches as Lionel Messi has in 7.

Best stat ever.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Fernando Torres (3 in 36), Andy Carroll (5 in 31) and Luis Suarez (10 in 36) have scored as many goals in a combined 103 league matches as Lionel Messi has in 7.

Best stat ever.
    A combined total transfer fee that cost £100 million.

Messi on the other hand cost nothing.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:

Best stat ever.
    That is sensational :lol:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Gareth McCleary scored more goals in the second half for Forest last night than Torres has in his last 36 PL games. :ahee:

I know Championship=/= Premier League standard, but still, horses for courses and all that.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Biggest loss in British history. 58-0 :lol:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/...114458686.html
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

:rofl:
    • 12 followers

That was an absolutely atrocious tackle by Cisse - who will now miss four matches, the ****.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    That was an absolutely atrocious tackle by Cisse - who will now miss four matches, the ****.
    Brainless. You'd think he, of all people, would be more cautious than committing a reckless challenge like that.
    • 12 followers

(Original post by Overmars)
    Brainless. You'd think he, of all people, would be more cautious than committing a reckless challenge like that.
    Indeed.

He has played five matches, sent off in two of those. And will miss four of QPR's last eight matches. I think it's safe to say he is an idiot.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.

He has played five matches, sent off in two of those. And will miss four of QPR's last eight matches. I think it's safe to say he is an idiot.
    I think it's safe to say now that they'll be relegated. Lost their star striker for 4 games and have to face I think 5 big teams in their last 9. Truly an idiot.
    • 12 followers

(Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    I think it's safe to say now that they'll be relegated. Lost their star striker for 4 games and have to face I think 5 big teams in their last 9. Truly an idiot.
    Agreed.

Think its QPR, Wolves and Blackburn going down.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think this has been one of the worst seasons in the PL that I've seen. Nevermind the woeful European performances, but the quality of football has been poor. Bar teams like Swansea that have been a breath of fresh air, and the likes of Tottenham for most of the season giving us a much needed top four challenger, the rest have been mediocre. Man City have been solid overall but I don't think their football is that great-- it's somewhat clunky and there's just no heart in it. It reminds me of Mourino's Chelsea just not as well set up defensively (and lacking the world class edge of that team -- I hated their football but it was extremely efficient).

Anyway, I don't expect many to agree but it's been a not very exciting season for neutrals IMO.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 6, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.