Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate Football Thread VII

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Just worked out that I've spent £51 on programmes this season. Yikes.
    Programmes cost a ridiculous amount of money for what's actually inside them. £3 for a Wrexham one and it's basically only advertisements of "Wrexham Lager"...but yet i still buy one each game.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Programmes cost a ridiculous amount of money for what's actually inside them. £3 for a Wrexham one and it's basically only advertisements of "Wrexham Lager"...but yet i still buy one each game.
    Really? I'm surprised PL ones are so cheap then. £3.50 for a Spurs one, and literally all the rest in the league are £3. Still buy 'em religiously just for the sake of having it; I just consider it an extra £3/3.50 onto the ticket.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really? I'm surprised PL ones are so cheap then. £3.50 for a Spurs one, and literally all the rest in the league are £3. Still buy 'em religiously just for the sake of having it; I just consider it an extra £3/3.50 onto the ticket.
    I'd want some reading material if I had to sit through a Spurs game as well. :awesome:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, you can't go to a game and not buy a programme.

We're just a ridiculously expensive club though, usually roughly £2 in the other non-league places. Also, add the £3 parking onto that too. £20 a ticket, £3 parking, £3 programme added with the £15 in petrol it costs to get there. £41 to watch a non-league game... yikes, i never looked at it that way!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, you can't go to a game and not buy a programme.

We're just a ridiculously expensive club though, usually roughly £2 in the other non-league places. Also, add the £3 parking onto that too. £20 a ticket, £3 parking, £3 programme added with the £15 in petrol it costs to get there. £41 to watch a non-league game... yikes, i never looked at it that way!
    £20 for a non-league ticket?

It's almost telling you to drive to Liverpool and watch them! Well actually, maybe not Liverpool. More like Tranmere.

Feel for you in that case though. To get to Spurs it costs me about £3/4 return on the tube, £36 average ticket, £3.50 programme, it's almost the same! :eek:

(Original post by Panthalic)
    I'd want some reading material if I had to sit through a Spurs game as well. :awesome:
    Quiet you. You stole our exciting football from us
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    £20 for a non-league ticket?

It's almost telling you to drive to Liverpool and watch them! Well actually, maybe not Liverpool. More like Tranmere.

Feel for you in that case though. To get to Spurs it costs me about £3/4 return on the tube, £36 average ticket, £3.50 programme, it's almost the same! :eek:
    I rather stick pins in my eyes than go to a Tranmere game!

The difference is you get to watch an EPL side and a team with Bale, Modric, RdV, Parker and what have you... and i watch Football League rejects!

Weren't you watching Valencia not too long ago?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I rather stick pins in my eyes than go to a Tranmere game!

The difference is you get to watch an EPL side and a team with Bale, Modric, RdV, Parker and what have you... and i watch Football League rejects!

Weren't you watching Valencia not too long ago?
    It also helps that I live in a city where you can cover the 5 miles in no time and for next to no cost!

Yeah, Valencia... this time last year I was doing my Erasmus semester there.. so naturally I went to the Mestalla every week for my fix. A lot cheaper to attend top flight games there as well, unless it's Real Madrid or Barcelona. Saw Real Sociedad for 15€ and Villarreal for 30€ but point blank refused to pay 65€ for Barcelona. Just wanted football, which I knew I could get for a lot less. Kinda like why I only fork out for Spurs if it's the derby.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    It also helps that I live in a city where you can cover the 5 miles in no time and for next to no cost!

Yeah, Valencia... this time last year I was doing my Erasmus semester there.. so naturally I went to the Mestalla every week for my fix. A lot cheaper to attend top flight games there as well, unless it's Real Madrid or Barcelona. Saw Real Sociedad for 15€ and Villarreal for 30€ but point blank refused to pay 65€ for Barcelona. Just wanted football, which I knew I could get for a lot less. Kinda like why I only fork out for Spurs if it's the derby.
    True, i live in a seaside town along the North Wales coast about 50 minutes away from Wrexham. To be honest, they are hardly my "local" side!

Ah, i did think it was you who lived there as i remember telling you how much i wanted to live there. I doubt i'd pay more too, head to a bar and watch it there would be my plan.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    The best football related thing since that troll picture unveiling by the Turkish fans.

:rofl2:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    True, i live in a seaside town along the North Wales coast about 50 minutes away from Wrexham. To be honest, they are hardly my "local" side!

Ah, i did think it was you who lived there as i remember telling you how much i wanted to live there. I doubt i'd pay more too, head to a bar and watch it there would be my plan.
    Exactly what I did. My apartment was about 15-20 mins walk from the ground, but just watched the game in the bar just below! Free TV and 1.50 euro beers as opposed to 65 ticket and 4 euro beers, no brainer! Want to go back and do it all over again.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what I did. My apartment was about 15-20 mins walk from the ground, but just watched the game in the bar just below! Free TV and 1.50 euro beers as opposed to 65 ticket and 4 euro beers, no brainer! Want to go back and do it all over again.
    Ha, perfect! Go and take me with you. Around 5/6 years ago i've said i wanted to move there but i'm too much of a wimp to go alone. My plan: get my degree over with next year, work for a year by which time i'll be 24/25 and then move to Valencia. However, i have a huge soft spot for Atletico Madrid so i'm not sure how that will pan out if i make Valencia become my side to watch.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ha, perfect! Go and take me with you. Around 5/6 years ago i've said i wanted to move there but i'm too much of a wimp to go alone. My plan: get my degree over with next year, work for a year by which time i'll be 24/25 and then move to Valencia. However, i have a huge soft spot for Atletico Madrid so i'm not sure how that will pan out if i make Valencia become my side to watch.
    Haha suck it up! I liked and followed Atleti due to their similarity with Spurs as being one of the 'lesser' sides from the capital (in all fairness our Spanish equivalents are probably Getafe), but as I moved to VLC I decided to watch what is best described as the Spanish equivalent of Liverpool instead.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

have you ever seen anything like it at a football match.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk4894)

have you ever seen anything like it at a football match.
    Haha that's so good to watch.

Shame that there are more old men wearing glasses in that video than there are brain cells between those chanting and dancing!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Swansea v Newcastle 16:30 :lolwut:

First Premier League match ever to kick off at 4:30 on a Friday surely?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling it has happened before on Good Friday :beard:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spurs Sunderland has started pretty slowly. Needs a goal to get going I think. Both teams score quite a few so I'm hoping for some goals.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cattermole is such a dick, how is he captain.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    This game has been absolutely awful.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The ref in the Spurs match (the guy who also ref at the Liverpool Villa match and made some howlers) is awful. Should have been a pen to Norwich, doesn't give it and Spurs score at the other end :lol:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 17, 2014
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.