Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate Football Thread VII

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 26 followers

That goal just got a bit more overrated... and I thought that wasn't possible :facepalm2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There have been better goals this season alone than Rooney's one, cannot believe his derby goal won!?!
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    That goal was beaten hands down by Cisse yesterday let alone all the other miraculous strikes in the last 20 years. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Cisse's goal beat every goal I've ever seen.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Steve Kean has said he didn't expect Blackburn to be involved in a relegation battle. What planet is this man living on?

Venkys. :facepalm2:
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Steve Kean has said he didn't expect Blackburn to be involved in a relegation battle. What planet is this man living on?

I want some of whatever that good **** steve kean has been taking.
    He turned a mid table team into relegation battlers last season, and expects them to not be in a relegation battle the next season?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Ewood Chicken > Anfield Cat
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love how only Robinson bothered staying on the pitch at the end - the fans that stormed the pitch clearly respected him for it though, looked like he was moved to tears by it.

Expecting a lot of good players to leave them now, Vukcevic hasn't had a chance under Kean, then there's Pedersen, Yakubu, Hoilett, Givet, Robinson and possibly even Dunn.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-quotes-823871

I feel so sorry for Blackburn fans. Fully expect Venkys to strip the club of any assets in the summer, god knows what state they'll be in come August.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Neil Mellor, he once of Liverpool fame, has had to retire from the game at the age of 29, on 'medical grounds'.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Neil Mellor, he once of Liverpool fame, has had to retire from the game at the age of 29, on 'medical grounds'.
    We'll remember him for an absolute peach of a late winner against Arsenal, it was a half volley from 30 yards, right into the bottom corner, CORKER
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strangeclouds)
    We'll remember him for an absolute peach of a late winner against Arsenal, it was a half volley from 30 yards, right into the bottom corner, CORKER
    Yeah, was trying to find it. Voila:

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, was trying to find it. Voila:

It gets better every time I watch it, I remember Viera finishing a classy team goal for Arsenal as well, and then Mellor pops up with THAT.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kean 'retains 100% confidence of board'.

Christ on a bike. This stuff just keeps getting better and better.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Atletico v Bilbao or Birmingham v Blackpool?

Might have to dual-screen it. :teeth:
    • 13 followers

I don't think people should forget what Bilbao did to us in the Europa League this year, Marcelo Bielsa has them playing some wonderful football, his philosophy and playing style is quite refreshing to see, United didn't get anywhere near them, in both legs. It should be a good game, both teams have some wonderful players on show, the likes of Llorente, Muniain, J. Martinez, Falcao, Diego etc. The league has them seperated by only 4 points, if anyone has watched the domestic games between these two, you'll know we have an exciting match in prospect.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh ****, Blackpool or West Ham back in the Premier League. **** this, I don't want either of them or their big mouthed managers anywhere near a top flight.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hollowhead at it again, how the **** does he do this despite being a crap manager?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know where Bilbao's magic game went. Falcao is absolutely insane. The first half seemed a little one-sided to me, to many mistakes by Bielsa's players.
    • 13 followers

(Original post by SacredPhoenix)
    I don't know where Bilbao's magic game went. Falcao is absolutely insane. The first half seemed a little one-sided to me, to many mistakes by Bielsa's players.
    I just don't think the Bilbao team turned up, it was really dissapointing. The game was over in the first half. Falcao's finishing was sublime to watch, 35 goals in his first season, what a goal machine.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Although Bilbao didn't turn up last night, they still played a high intensity, pressing game. And imo, that was their undoing - they always play with that intensity, be it if they win, lose or draw. And you have to be incredibly fit to play it over the course of a season, even Barca struggled and they have a slightly stronger squad than Bilbao. They'll come back stronger next season - they'll be used to Bielsa's methods/tactics and will be fitter. I don't expect many players to leave - a lot of them will want to be around for the opening of the new stadium.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 17, 2014
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.