Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate Football Thread VII

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

(Original post by Point!)
    Just what does Grant Holt think he's going to achieve by handing in a transfer request?

Realistically a top 6/7 side isn't going to want him, and even the teams that might show a slight interest in him (the Villas, West Broms, Fulhams of this world) aren't going to be able to cough up the over-inflated transfer fee that Norwich would undoubtedly ask for him.
    Some people are linking it to the speculation surrounding Lambert's future at the club. Perhaps it's a warning sign? Perhaps Lambert leaving is further along than we know and Holt has some sort of 'understanding' that Lambert try and sign him for whoever he goes to? :beard:

Or perhaps he just needs a new challenge/change of scenery. :dontknow:
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's a coincidence that he has just missed out on the England squad. Probably wants one last shot at getting a game for his country...you're more likely to get picked as a Villa player than as a Norwich player, even if Norwich are the better team right now. (Not saying Villa will get him, just using them as an example of a bigger/more established/more fashionable club)

Can't see it working myself, I think (or at least hope) the onus will be on getting the younger players into the squad after the Euros.
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Looks like an attempt to get an improved contract to me. Remember Rooney?
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    If Holt does go, He should go to someone like Reading or Soton or one of the lower teams but realistically he should stay at Norwich
  5. Offline

Welcome back to the Premiership Hammers!
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimmer95)
    If Holt does go, He should go to someone like Reading or Soton or one of the lower teams but realistically he should stay at Norwich
    Sunderland are a more realistic option.
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Sunderland are a more realistic option.
    That's a good shout..
  8. Offline

Sunderland have released Craig Gordon - he who cost them £9m. Worth a gamble on a free, tbh.
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Is G.Neville stil going to continue working as a pundit when he isn't on England's duty?
  10. Offline

(Original post by 419)
    Is G.Neville stil going to continue working as a pundit when he isn't on England's duty?
    He's still working for Sky, not sure about to what extent during the Euros.

I don't think he's a permanent coach for England.
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I proper hate all these anti German posts you see whenever an English team beat a German team, so immature.
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Coppa Italia final is tonight, Juve vs Napoli, League and Cup double chance for Juve.
  13. Offline

York City :adore: #premierleaguein5years
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Having watched Chelsea actually win that game on Saturday. I've made the executive decision to give up football now. **** it.
  15. Offline

(Original post by R-KAM)
    Having watched Chelsea actually win that game on Saturday. I've made the executive decision to give up football now. **** it.
    The following news will restore your faith in football.....

Kieron Dyer just signed a new deal at QPR. He's played 35 games in the last five years. How the hell is he getting money for playing the game?
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    "Loftus Road squirrel, Anfield cat and Blackburn chicken all clocked up more minutes on the pitch than Kieron Dyer this season."

:lol:
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    The following news will restore your faith in football.....

Kieron Dyer just signed a new deal at QPR. He's played 35 games in the last five years. How the hell is he getting money for playing the game?
    Thanks Kev. That indeed really worked. :hmpf:

I'm telling if you, if a Ranger's new co was to somehow get back into the SPL (as highly unlikely it is) then I will give up football (Yeah, I was lying in the last post :ninja:)

(Original post by marcusmerehay)
    "Loftus Road squirrel, Anfield cat and Blackburn chicken all clocked up more minutes on the pitch than Kieron Dyer this season."

18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up_2010/video/

Just stumbled across this...short highlights (3-4 mins) of all the World Cup 2010 games. Something to get you in the mood for the Euros :teeth:
  19. Offline

(Original post by Louis.)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up_2010/video/

Just stumbled across this...short highlights (3-4 mins) of all the World Cup 2010 games. Something to get you in the mood for the Euros :teeth:
    Cheers :teeth:
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    For anyone interested. Here's a sensational documentary that was on BBC last night wrt to TaxDodgingCheat FC.

Both hilarious yet totally disgusting.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 28, 2014
New on TSR

Your TSR exam season toolkit

Everything you need to know about study help on TSR

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.