Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate Football Thread VII

Announcements Posted on
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Having watched Chelsea actually win that game on Saturday. I've made the executive decision to give up football now. **** it.
    The following news will restore your faith in football.....

Kieron Dyer just signed a new deal at QPR. He's played 35 games in the last five years. How the hell is he getting money for playing the game?
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Loftus Road squirrel, Anfield cat and Blackburn chicken all clocked up more minutes on the pitch than Kieron Dyer this season."

:lol:
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    The following news will restore your faith in football.....

Kieron Dyer just signed a new deal at QPR. He's played 35 games in the last five years. How the hell is he getting money for playing the game?
    Thanks Kev. That indeed really worked. :hmpf:

I'm telling if you, if a Ranger's new co was to somehow get back into the SPL (as highly unlikely it is) then I will give up football (Yeah, I was lying in the last post :ninja:)

(Original post by marcusmerehay)
    "Loftus Road squirrel, Anfield cat and Blackburn chicken all clocked up more minutes on the pitch than Kieron Dyer this season."

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up_2010/video/

Just stumbled across this...short highlights (3-4 mins) of all the World Cup 2010 games. Something to get you in the mood for the Euros :teeth:
    • 12 followers

(Original post by Louis.)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up_2010/video/

Just stumbled across this...short highlights (3-4 mins) of all the World Cup 2010 games. Something to get you in the mood for the Euros :teeth:
    Cheers :teeth:
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    For anyone interested. Here's a sensational documentary that was on BBC last night wrt to TaxDodgingCheat FC.

Both hilarious yet totally disgusting.
    • 12 followers

Goal-line technology to be trialled in England friendly
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Swansea have agreed a £6.8m fee for Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Good on them, they deserve a player of his quality on a permanent basis after their season - I just hope they won't be another 'second season syndrome' team.
    • 12 followers

Good on them, they deserve a player of his quality on a permanent basis after their season - I just hope they won't be another 'second season syndrome' team.
    Good signing for them, price and player.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought Southampton had enough strikers?

Apparently not, as Burnley have accepted an offer of £7m for Jay Rodriguez.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is Rodriguez going to score more than either Lambert or Sharp? I dunno.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I guess he has age on his side, plus he can play as a winger, but for £7m there are surely better options out there.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hooper should be safe then :woo:
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    I guess he has age on his side, plus he can play as a winger, but for £7m there are surely better options out there.
    Yeah, you can cheat for £7m tbh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Speaking of second season syndrome teams, Paul Lambert has apparently walked out on Norwich to take over at Villa.

Karma is a bitch. He did the exact same thing to Colchester United a few years ago.
    • 36 followers

(Original post by Randomized)
    Speaking of second season syndrome teams, Paul Lambert has apparently walked out on Norwich to take over at Villa.

Karma is a bitch. He did the exact same thing to Colchester United a few years ago.
    I'm very disappointed about both this and Rodgers to Liverpool, tbh. :sadnod:
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just a wee peice on Podolski/Schweinsteiger.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Already can't wait til next PL season. :sogood:

Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa, Swansea, West Brom and Norwich all likely to have new managers; Southampton, Reading and West Ham all look like they're going to be strong; Hazard and Hulk possibly rocking up at Chelsea...
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Out with the Carling Cup, in with the Capital One Cup as the League Cup gets rebranded following a new sponsorship deal.

The League Cup will be known as the Capital One Cup from the start of the new season under a four-year sponsorship agreement with the credit card company, the Football League has announced.

Liverpool are the holders of the previously-named Carling Cup, beating Cardiff 3-2 on penalties at Wembley in February.

The value of the new sponsorship deal has not been disclosed.

Football League chief commercial officer Richard Heaselgrave said: "This is terrific news for clubs and a great way to conclude what has been a memorable domestic football season.

"The Capital One Cup is in great shape having been re-invigorated in recent seasons by a number of memorable finals, some thrilling midweek cup football and a first glimpse of the stars of the future."

The draw for the first round of the rebranded competition will be made on 14 June, with the final scheduled to take place at Wembley on 24 February.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also, Steve Bruce is reportedly set to be named Hull City boss tomorrow - I'd be fairly confident in his ability to get them back into the top flight.

Aston Villa are still in talks with Lambert but also reportedly interested in the Espanyol manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 17, 2014
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.