Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate Football Thread VII

Announcements Posted on
The Football forum needs another moderator! 19-04-2014
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    I never said it wasn't. Chico Flores should be punished for simulation. If it really hurt him, he would be holding the top of his head, not his face.
    I was asking for opinions on whether it was a red or not, would you agree that it is and therefore perplexed as to why West Ham were threatening to go to court over it?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I was asking for opinions on whether it was a red or not, would you agree that it is and therefore perplexed as to why West Ham were threatening to go to court over it?
    I don't think it's a red. Flores made it a red.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It shoulda been a red for the intent and chico should get a lifelong ban for being a ****ing pussy
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's a red. Flores made it a red.
    Interesting. You don't think intent is a red? That's in slo-mo, it's a lot more obvious when you're watching it in real time. As soon as it happened I saw a red card being given, you can't try and hit someone in the face with your arm on purpose.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I never said it wasn't. Chico Flores should be punished for simulation. If it really hurt him, he would be holding the top of his head, not his face.
    This whole idea of punishing simulation is going to cause so much trouble. You start getting into how people feel pain. There are exceptional cases like Rivaldo vs. Turkey, but it's never going to work. The only thing that I think should be punished retrospectively in terms of simulation is diving - and even then we need absolutely NO contact in order to say for certain that it's a dive.

It's all just too hard to punish. And how far do we go with it? Punish those only when somebody gets sent off? If not, we're going to to multiple cases every week, even when the referee has seen it and given a free kick.

What I find frustrating is that the player reaction should have absolutely zero impact on the decision - it's the referees fault if he allows it to affect his mind. Players know they have to go down to win freekicks, or make a bigger deal of a touch to get the decision, and you have to put this down to the referee and his assistants. If a referee gives the red to Carroll based in any way whatsoever on Chico's actions, then he's failed as a referee. I do understand that by going down like Chico did he gives the referee a decision to make, but that decision was there anyway. The reaction should not affect the decision.

Edit: And just to throw my opinion in, of course Carroll should have been sent off. Nolan and Allardyce are just upset because of Chico's actions, and think that somehow means Carroll should get away with it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

So poor from Gallas. Gotta love the A-league
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

So poor from Gallas. Gotta love the A-league
    Tears.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fa cup replay on itv4. Lol even itv don't want to show it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Granny boots?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...z-wear-3187680
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Someone's getting stamped.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Robbie Savage writes with an inferiority complex. He just says safely controversial things in huge volume to make up for the fact his most memorable contribution to football was having nicely conditioned hair (it was still a shlid, even if it was a shlid in good condition).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slick Fosbury)
    Robbie Savage writes with an inferiority complex. He just says safely controversial things in huge volume to make up for the fact his most memorable contribution to football was having nicely conditioned hair (it was still a shlid, even if it was a shlid in good condition).
    Ah, Robbie Savage. Owen Hargreaves with more fouls and less injuries.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    The sun tweeted this

'Completely unfounded rumours about a footballer coming out in the Sun on Sunday - only believe stories when you see them in the paper.'

:rofl:
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Hull Tigers' is apparently being vetoed by the FA. Excellent news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26618670
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:

A partially sighted Fulham fan trying to hand his stick to the linesman :lol:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't think anyone reads this thread, but anyway:

Pre-match:

Monaco: Can you do this @PSG_inside ? Good game against @ChelseaFC! #ChampionsLeague2004

Post-match replies:

PSG: Dear @ASMFC_MONACO, Thank you for wishing us luck ! Hey @chelseafc, We can do This ! #PsgVaFaireLeBuzzCeSoir #PSGCHE

Monaco:
    So you can do this ! Well done/Bien joué @PSG_inside against @chelseafc ! #ChampionsLeague

Dah.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManimalBaptista)
    Don't think anyone reads this thread, but anyway:

Pre-match:

Monaco: Can you do this @PSG_inside ? Good game against @ChelseaFC! #ChampionsLeague2004

Post-match replies:

PSG: Dear @ASMFC_MONACO, Thank you for wishing us luck ! Hey @chelseafc, We can do This ! #PsgVaFaireLeBuzzCeSoir #PSGCHE

Monaco:
    So you can do this ! Well done/Bien joué @PSG_inside against @chelseafc ! #ChampionsLeague

Dah.
    such cringey banter
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddaappoo)
    such cringey banter
    This isn't 'bants', it's two people talking to each other normally. Put down the beer and think like a human.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddaappoo)
    such cringey banter
    init blud lolz oh my dayzzz.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 6, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.